Hi everyone.

In some new SMD Videos I saw that the AMM-1 displayed the impedance the woofers had in dyno power mode. My AMM-1 has firmware V4.0 and I purchased it around christmas 2015 and doesnt do that. Oddly, some friend of me bought one a few weeks ago and it says its running V3.93. His AMM-1 displays the impedance.

So is this a new feature? Why is my version newer but I dont have that feature? Are the AM-1s upgradable?

Here is a picture of what I mean.

b2-audio-sld5k_801071.jpg

Edited by piti_rocks

If you want to send your to us we can reprogram it for you with v3.93 and send it back.  

What has happened with the AMM-1 is that it was originally intended for use with sinewave sweeps and music, it originally shipped with v3.8 firmware and all was well.

After people started playing with the AMM-1 they started doing sine-wave burps.  When these burps are done with a Class D amplifier it causes a nasty back EMF spike when the burp stops.  The AMM-1 would read this nasty spike and calculate power and display it.  So someone testing a 1000 watt amp could burp it and get a 10,000 watt kick back spike the AMM-1 would display 10,000 watts.  So I started working on that problem and kept making engineering code revisions until it was solved, this was v4.0 firmware.  So we started programming them with 4.0 in production.  After people started getting them and using them they sometimes had trouble reading music with them.  (it's pretty tough for the computer and code to tell the difference between music and a spike as music sometimes is just a bunch of spikes)  

So I started back tracking through my revisions until I found a version that reads music but can ignore spikes.  You want 3.93 firmware.  This is the best working firmware (can have spike problem on rare occasion) but works with music and shows impedance and power on the same display page.  

Edited by TonyD'Amore

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, piti_rocks said:

I sent you an email a few weeks ago about the reprogramming, but vou havent responded. 2639.png

I had to send my DD-1 in a while back.  I was told to do send it to...

Damore Engineering

Warranty

880 Calle Plano Suite D

Camarillo, CA 93012

With an added note to "Please include a note with all the issues it has, also include your return shipping address, phone number and email".  I dont know about payment and such, but I hope that helps.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic