Sonic Electronix

Question about air movement for Hairtricking

Setup looks clean.

I grew up on mini trucks....always loved Space Cabs.

Upgrade those wheels and give that paint a good polish/wax and you're money.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

Welcome and nice build, click the following link for song info:

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/19-tunez-all-things-music-related/

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

45 minutes ago, twalker182 said:

Setup looks clean.

I grew up on mini trucks....always loved Space Cabs.

Upgrade those wheels and give that paint a good polish/wax and you're money.

Thanks! I'm looking around for wheels. Not the easiest to find either 15's (that was stock) or 17's (what I wouldn't mind putting on) that have a bolt pattern of 6x139.7. As far as paint goes, it has a little rust in some areas (it's almost 30 years old and spent the last 6 years in a field, I don't blame it), so I'm actually considering plastidipping it. Not just a couple of $5 cans from AutoZone, but like a $700 kit with a layer of pearlescent over it. Going to see how it all ends up going, but should have both of those accomplished before Thanksgiving.

48 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Welcome and nice build, click the following link for song info:

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/19-tunez-all-things-music-related/

Thanks and thanks again! I'll check it out, appreciate it.

10 minutes ago, twalker182 said:

Check your local Craigslist for Escalade or Tahoe wheels.

Not a ton of options in the area, plus they're generally 20's when looking them up. But what I've found I like the most are Toyota TRD's. There are some nice ones in the area, but dropping $600 on rims is not super fun.

so a couple points..

typically the lower you tune the easier the subwoofers can physically match the amplitude of the signal given by the amp, so basically more excursion. more excursion = more air being pressurized inside your cabin = hair trick. HOWEVER.. the tuning of your box along with fs of speaker etc. will determine which freq your subwoofer/box is able to match that wave the best. long story short if your box is tuned to 40hz play a 40hz test tone and chuck some power to it to see what she does. if it doesn't hair trick you just need more power to get those things moving!!! 

btw 4000w on 4 15s walled should be enough for a baby hair trick. SHOULD be. 

welcome to the forums bud!

6 hours ago, tmacg12345 said:

so a couple points..

typically the lower you tune the easier the subwoofers can physically match the amplitude of the signal given by the amp, so basically more excursion. more excursion = more air being pressurized inside your cabin = hair trick. HOWEVER.. the tuning of your box along with fs of speaker etc. will determine which freq your subwoofer/box is able to match that wave the best. long story short if your box is tuned to 40hz play a 40hz test tone and chuck some power to it to see what she does. if it doesn't hair trick you just need more power to get those things moving!!! 

btw 4000w on 4 15s walled should be enough for a baby hair trick. SHOULD be. 

welcome to the forums bud!

I took your advice, grabbed my dad's old dB Drag disk to roll through frequencies, got it in the forties and cranked up the gain. Looks like I can do basically what you said- a baby hair trick. Appreciate the hospitality!

44 minutes ago, 06RTCharger said:

I know theres a thread about songs that hit bass hard. Forget what its called. Theres a music area tho somewhere on the homepage

I found the music area on the forums, gonna look around that for a bit. Thanks man.

Archived