Second Skin Audio

Dual 10" SunDown for SD F250 center console question

MTHOMPSON

I have a few questions and I hope someone here can assist or maybe point me in a direction if not suitable for here:

Truck: 2015 Ford F250 Super Duty

Looking to make a center console to hold 2 X10 v2. Now my space is rather tight based on the suggestion size on SD site. If I am to make it work, would like to have either:

The subs hidden inside; port firing down
or
The subs firing down; port firing down
or

I have enough space to raise the box off from the floor by about 5" (which is good for sub excursion; not sure if good enough for port and still have the overall height not too high (for an arm rest).

With running dual X10" V2 D2 1500RMS, I was thinking (not really sure to be honest; lack of knowledge) of getting the SCV-3000D and running at RMS at 1 ohm : 3000-watts; thus running 1500watts to each sub. I know they are under rated at 1500watt RMS..but not looking to do HO alt/BIG3.

This would be on my stock dual 12v battery setup/stock alternator; with an addition of an XP XS3000 battery.

Help me get out of my single (behind rear seat) 13.5 JL audio powered by JL Slash 500/1.

Much Thanks!

How much space do you anticipate you have to work with?  Fitting two X-10s and doing it right sounds pretty challenging.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

On 9/17/2017 at 9:00 PM, Triticum Agricolam said:

How much space do you anticipate you have to work with?  Fitting two X-10s and doing it right sounds pretty challenging.

I ended up purchasing 2 SD X8's due to limited size and also not to really need to do a HO alt at this point in time.  Hope to get center console out today so I can see/draw up an actual game plan.  I like the idea of the subs hidden within with the port aiming out the back.  As I think aiming down will just add additional vibration on my truck body.  With coming out of the back (towards rear seats) I should have about a good 8-10 inches of clearance.

P.S Nice FB page/designs!

Archived