Need advice on finding somewhere to buy a high output alternator for a 95 Honda Accord Lx, has the f22b2 engine in it and the stock alternator has 80 amps, looking for a place to get a alternator that has 250amps if I am correct.

I already have the big 3 done, running ofc wire from front of car to rear ~17 ft

Db Drive 2000.1 for subwoofer

Rocford Fosgate R250x4 Prime 4-Channel Amp for doors currently

Edited by Ron Rodgers

Singer Alternators

US Alternators 

There are others, but I cant personally recommend anything I havent ran.

I know that Mechman does not make a alternator for my car I have looked into them before, they make them for the 2.7L, 3.0L and one other, I'm not sure if one of their universal alts would be okay or not. Thanks for the input.

A lot of manufactures don't have everything listed on their site, but only the more popular vehicles.

So unless you asked Mechman directly and they told you no I wouldn't rule them out, and would send them a message!

Its always best to get multiple quotes from various companies and go from there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Isroufe
      Good day SMD community,

About to undertake electrical wiring upgrade on my 2017 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost XLT. Alternator is not super accessible so I'm thinking this may be tricky and wondering if anyone else has done big 3 on a 2015 up f-150 and can provide some direction. Pics and tricks for this specific vehicle would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    • By thesector
      FOR SALE $135 Brand new apex alternator 200 amp for a 1998 Toyota Camry 2.2l 4cyl  

• By fmedina
      whats up fam. so heres a quick run down of my system. not a trunk build, not a wall, just a simple ugly back seat build lol i am a construction electrician with my trunk almost always full with tools and material for work. only other spot to fit a sub box with out doing a wall is my back seat. i just need some bass! not really going for looks. ive had some pictures on what i had before (just went from a skar evl15 to a dc xl15 and sae1500 to a dc 2k) so here are some recent pics... hope you guys enjoy... 

i personally did the big3 with sky high 1/0 up front and ran power from front stock battery to rear full throttle group 34. messed up by getting a blue big 3 kit instead of red lol oh well. 

heres what it looked like before i swapped out the sae1500. the rest of the wiring was done by arden audio in sacramento. when i went home and did a lil inspection i have noticed the ground going to the 4ch amp was just self tapped in with 3 screws on the frame of the vehicle. wasnt too happy about it so instead of complaining i just went ahead and fixed it. both grounds are now sharing an existing grounding point directly under the driver seat. everything else was fine, thanks arden audio!

and heres the box just sitting on the back seat haha 

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 220 Guests (See full list)