Is the president's current strategy of putin down Puerto Ricans working with his voters? Does calling out the mayor of San Juan sound productive? They are AMERICANS! He brought up their debt as he was talking relief. Where was the money talk when Texas and Florida needed money? Both states owe more money than Puerto Rico but Trump had no issues declaring a state of emergency without lambasting their financial issues.

Did Trump know Puerto Rico is an American teratory? Is he covering his shitty tweets with this "debt crusade" to cover for no knowing millions of Americans are on that island? He said it himself, he loves debt...

1 hour ago, Airborne said:

Where was the money talk when Texas and Florida needed money? Both states owe more money than Puerto Rico.

Can you provide proof of this claim? I'm unsure on Florida, but i find it hard to believe that Texas is that far in debt considering all thier oil/petrochem industry and the ridiculous population growth there.

And yes, I do believe that Trump doesn't  (or at least didn't) know that Puerto Rico is a piece of America. He probably thought they were some form of water-mexican.

I don't think there is "yet" an all inclusive breakdown. I've been reading up on everything before the huricace so the bias is less noticible. 

2017 debt "including pensions"

Florida 124.9 billion

Texas 369.2 billion

Puerto Rico 123 billion

Of couse population differences and the fact that Puerto Rico has no representation in the house and Senate make the numbers a little out of the realm of accurate comparison but the President seems to think it's OK to punish AMERICANS over the local governments inability to bring money onto the island.

Side note, the president just found out PR is an island, surrounded by water, big water, ocean water...

“Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help,” Trump said in a series of tweets. "They want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort. 10,000 Federal workers now on Island doing a fantastic job.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/09/30/trump-fires-back-at-puerto-rico-mayor-accuses-her-poor-leadership.html

I'm no social justice warrior, I am a veteran, who has friends buried in San Juan who were killed in combat. 

Puerto Rico is AMERICAN. That's all we need to know, just like Florida, Texas, Louisiana, North Carolina and any number of states that get federal aid during a disaster. I don't toss race around, most time it's a personality issue rather than out right prejudice. But man, not a comforting word. Only political rhetoric when we need leadership.

Puerto Rico is bashing trump because the response wasn't quick enough. They also voted down a referendum to become a state and to remain an unincorporated territory instead. Only selected parts of the US constitution apply here. Now they want it both ways. They want a response that a state would get without being a state and are bashing the president because of it. Federal affairs of Puerto Rico are in the care of the US Department of the Interior not the President. Hopefully they will become a state after we help them rebuild.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_territory

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Bashing? Who else do they ask? They asked, he took it as an attack and went berzerk. He was talking about them like some foreign country who hates America. These are AMERICANS. One of my first NCOS is buried in San Juan, killed in the initial IED wave in Iraq. There are countless combat veterans on that island. Stop the politics, get to the truth. 

He didn't hire the right people and instead of admitting that, finding qualified people and working on the problem trying to solve today's issue and figure out how to prevent such inaction in the future, he actually called everyone on Puerto Rico LAZY. How does anyone reconcile that? How does the debt incurred while not having any real say so in their local governments finances equal wagging a finger in shame at them for asking for assistance? Instead of fighting with a mayor in a city that was under water he needs to light a fire under his FEMA folks asses and stop with the 3 year old's urge to answer every fucking criticism.

He isn't being helpful. It looks like he's having a little break from reality. I wonder if he is using ambien to sleep! Using it too long can help you step back from planet earth a bit. 

Archived