Sonic Electronix

I have a 1990 Bronco with two Kicker 12" CV Comp R's wired at 4 ohm, Powering the subs I have a Planet Audio PX4000D and powering the amplifier I have Sony CDX-G1200U Head Unit. I am running 4 Gauge Welding Wire to my Amplifier.  The Grounds are great and battery connections all connections are good. Amplifier Gain is good, LP is good Subsonic is I think right "Doesn't seem make a difference really" I have it sen to the 30hz area that's what I thik my box is tuned to...  I have come to the Conclusion that its my roof is Flexing like crazy I think I just want others opinions who hae more experience... Is this a common issue with Broncos that its hard to get Low Bass? All other bass sounds awesome till I try to play anything like Decaf or slowed songs, I mean down low they sound good till I turn the Volume up then it sounds like shit and roof flexes like crazy.  Maybe I am not tuning my Boxed correctly? I have built 3 Different boxes for this thing and just cannot get anything to sound right.  I can only think of it being the stupid Fiber Glass roof flexing stealing SPL because it Literally moves a damn 2" on low bass notes I use to think my subs were Distorting till I held the roof from moving then the odd noise went away.

I am thinking about getting some 1X2 paces of wood to go across the top of the roof to stiffen it up and putting in some sheet metal screw from the top into the wood but with felt between the Wood strips and Roof then making it look Factory as possible.

Any help would be appreciated I cannot stand when I go to show my system to someone and they're like "oh I know a song" and it happens to be a Low bass sound and sound like garbage.

Joking aside. 

Do you know what the box is tuned to? What are the specs? 

Those kickers aren't really known to crush lows. 

---If you want lows, you'd be better off getting better sub(s)/amp

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

I haven't noticed my roof as much as the side windows. One of the side windows used to have a slight leak when it rained. After about 6 months the rubber seals have gotten a work out and now it doesn't leak. lol I am tuned to 34hz and the low lows are not as loud below tuning. If you want more lows then you need more power and /or more subs. Maybe turn the subsonic filter down a little would help. 

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived