** Battery Tender **

The Noco Genius G15000 does do reconditioning, depending on how large the batteries are it can take a while (sometimes on large banks with large batteries your best to recondition 1 battery at a time).

In my garage I have a Noco Genius G3500 that charges 2 Stinger SPV70 batteries which I use for a headunit and a 4channel amp for tunes when Im working.
The charger is too small for both them because after working one night and coming back out there the next night its still charging them, but being that I dont really care much about those batteries it does fine for what I need it too.

In my truck (stereo truck not my daily driver) I have 8 batteries. 6 XS Power D3100s in the rear, and 2 XS Power S3400s under the hood (same as the D3400).
I am using a XS Power 12/16 Volt 1005 intellicharger that remains in my truck so I just got to plug an extension cord into it and let it charge. It has a 5/15/25 amp settings, as well as 12/16volt settings/ and settings wetcell/agm, but no recondition mode.

xsp-1005_Lm.gif

Been wanting to swap it out for a little more current capabilities for when I add more batteries so Ive been looking at the XS Power PSC60 which is a 12/16volt 60 amp smart intelli charger/power supply that can also do recondition, etc

They also come in the psc15 and psc30 models.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_74880_XS-Power-PSC60.html

22 hours ago, Karkov said:

I as well used to have a NOCO but the 7.2a version, I had to order it online, the 3.5 you can sometimes find in stores.  It's very similar to CTEK

I now use this one and love it

https://www.griotsgarage.com/product/microprocessor-controlled+battery+charger-maintainer.do

• 20A/10A/2A charge rates

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

• 9 months later...
On 10/5/2017 at 9:14 PM, audiofanaticz said:

How big is your battery bank (what model kenitiks and how many)?.

I have a noco 3.5 amp on two Stinger SPV70 batteries in my garage, and that thing is charging non stop. Way too small for those 2 batteries.

I would recommend buying a slightly larger charger than needed just in case you ever decided to compete and want to get a full charge between runs.
In my truck I run a big red XS Power charger, but want to swap it out for one of their new 60amp intelichargers.

I know this is an old thread. But i just got my Noco charger a little while ago and finally getting it hooked up. Wondering what charging mode do you use to charge you batteries?

Archived