Second Skin Audio

Tuning a box for an L7 10

Hey SMD forum hoping this forum is more active than my old stomping ground of caco but im just trying to get some help for a box for an l7 10 to put behind my tacomas seat. i could go 10.5 deep at bottom, 18 inches tall, and 6.5 deep at the top. just gonna do a slot port and id like the box to be 48 wide. i got the torres box calc but its not giving me the tuning of the box i got goin on. so was wondering if anyboy here could help me? ive had a post up about this for months at caco but i think its too sleepy over there. and i hae a mac computer so its been a chore even getting a program to work without buying it. so ya l7 10, looking to tune 32-35hz whats good lol i had an idea to do the box like, 13 tall, 48 wide, and 8.5 deep. this way the box is deep enough for the 6 3/8 mounting depth but idk. i know the subs displacement is .065 cubes to

Torres works fine although it seems to tune about 2Hz higher. You have to figure out port length on your own, after a certain length, you have to turn the port inside the box and Torres can't calculate that.

If your box is 20in deep internally and your port is 5in and port length is 30in then you'd go 15in back, then turn and go like 12-13 in. You'll have to figure out the turn length, or simply go an extra 15in. it'll drop tuning slightly but should not matter much.

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Frick.. so joe x... I can go taller I can go up to 18 tall.. Like I was kind of thinking maybe it be better to give the L7 a lil more volume like upwards of 2 cubes? Unless... you think it be better down at 1.7? And another thing is I frickd up and already made a couple cuts to make the box 48W x 15.5T x 7.5D so maybe we can keep the depth. But I’ve got a 41X48in sheet I can still build to make the box taller if we want? Think you could swing that? And it be sup forward, port shooting up out the top on whatever side of the box?

Archived