Idle & Throttle Position/Adjusting/Setting Thread

The purpose of this thread is to post the devices that allow you to adjust the engine rpm (for instance, to 2000-3000rpm for demos/competing). Also to discuss ways to adjust the low idle rpm (like from 690 to 800 for example). Also known as:  

Rev Limiters

Idle Adjusters

Idle adjustment (ECU programming)

Throttle Position Settings

Some reasons why you might want to do low or high adjustments? Its not just for audio:

-journeyman weld trucks

-to produce more heat in a cab during winter

-demoing/competing

-lopey camshaft or engine tuning 

So, other than using your foot, what electronic program or manual adjuster are you using to set your engine rpm? And/or what are you doing for adjusting daily low range idle?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

I’ve never had a tachometer since i bought the car in 2010. I just went to pick n pull yesterday for a fender. Didn’t find a fender but I found a instrument cluster with an rpm gauge. I installed it in my shit and it works. I have a singer 240a coming soon. I’m interested in keeping my rpms up

I have seen this used in bucket trucks because of the hydraulic system they run. Push the red button and pull or push the knob for coarse adjustment. Turn knob for fine adjustment.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-55204?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-dorman&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9uHOBRDtARIsALtCa94U2Rg4GJzO2FhJcF00Sr7Y6FMyEbY3MWTGdZxYj2rs9RG88yFxIzYaAhoQEALw_wcB

rnb-55204_pc.jpg

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

7 hours ago, Wishuponasub said:

I know @Kyblack76 had mentioned what he used awhile back. I'm interested in this thread because it may be something I do. 

3 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

I have seen this used in bucket trucks because of the hydraulic system they run. Push the red button and pull or push the knob for coarse adjustment. Turn knob for fine adjustment.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rnb-55204?seid=srese1&cm_mmc=pla-google-_-shopping-_-srese1-_-dorman&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9uHOBRDtARIsALtCa94U2Rg4GJzO2FhJcF00Sr7Y6FMyEbY3MWTGdZxYj2rs9RG88yFxIzYaAhoQEALw_wcB

rnb-55204_pc.jpg

Yipper ^^^ that there,... was like 13$ or something. Ran one in the blazer, took it out, and its now in the burban, mounted under the hood. Which i like better. Lane up, reve up, done. The one above is the exact one i had. Ive seen bicycle gear changers, and many many other things to keep a 2k rev at shows. A quarter slapped in the TB, close pins, tape rolls,... wood cut to length to go on the accelerator, ... ive seen a TON of shit to get the job done.  

Ive also looked into flashing ecu's for a higher idle rev, but, .... never got that far. 

3 hours ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

rnb-55204_pc.jpg

I used one in my tahoe since I got it sometime around 2011. Still in there and works great. The only thing that sucks with them is you will have to sometimes reset it once the load hits the alternators because 3 massive amperage alternators will bog my truck down from 2000 rpm down to 1100ish rpm.

^^^^

Yup. This as fuck. Even when set at 2k, on our 30 second runs, the alt pull, still bogs the motor down,.. it doesn't "self adjust"  that's for sure. But it does get it there.

I loved it for demo purposes. While demoing, id either not have the gas up at all, or be revin at 4 million rpm. Seemed it was ALWAYS one or the other lol. Here's a quicky at the start of the vid. Set that bitch at like 1500, and leave it there all show long. 

Archived