Sonic Electronix

Why do they keep removing headphone ports?

Headphone jack or Bluetooth  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think cell phone companies are going the right direction with removing headphone ports?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care.

Just curious if anyone else is irritated that headphone ports are being removed from newer cell phones. Don't get me wrong, I like Bluetooth for some reasons but I'm just not a fan of the sub par audio quality. Anyone else not wanting to change?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.androidauthority.com/no-headphone-jacks-bad-idea-opinion-805797/amp/#ampshare=http://www.androidauthority.com/no-headphone-jacks-bad-idea-opinion-805797/

Just got an iphone se not too long ago which still has the plug, thankfully as i don't have wireless earbuds or headphones.

I prefer a jack over not having one, then again you can get an adapter to plug into your phone for wired operation.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

really don't care, but I will not have a phone if it doesnt have a headphone jack and removable micro SD.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I have the iphone 7 so I don't have a headphone jack :( 

It came with an adapter and the poopy doopy apple ear buds that go in the lightning charging port. 

It was really frustrating at first because all my ear buds/headphones were 3.5mm connection.

I either had to use the adapter or buy new ear buds. 

I think they did it too soon. 

There was an article I read about the possibility of small on-cable mix amps for headphones / ear buds. Using the lightning port connection that could be possible. Which I am all for 100%. Only thing is its been over a year or two since they removed it and I don't see these anywhere. 

Either the tech hasn't caught up yet or they could be waiting for the change to be reverted witch I am 99% sure this will not happen. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

3 hours ago, Mitchaford said:

I have the iphone 7 so I don't have a headphone jack :( 

It came with an adapter and the poopy doopy apple ear buds that go in the lightning charging port. 

It was really frustrating at first because all my ear buds/headphones were 3.5mm connection.

I either had to use the adapter or buy new ear buds. 

I think they did it too soon. 

There was an article I read about the possibility of small on-cable mix amps for headphones / ear buds. Using the lightning port connection that could be possible. Which I am all for 100%. Only thing is its been over a year or two since they removed it and I don't see these anywhere. 

Either the tech hasn't caught up yet or they could be waiting for the change to be reverted witch I am 99% sure this will not happen. 

Lighting to 3.5mm adapter

8B138150-8932-478D-866E-C74BD6B7A14A.thumb.jpeg.e6b6a4a01e27232c225436df69a73ac1.jpeg

my my brother in-law gave this to me thinking it was mine. It’s not, but for those using wired headphones and iPhone 7 or newer, this is an option. I don’t use the 3.5mm jack on my 6+. Everything I do to play music is either Bluetooth or USB connection to my phone or iPod classic 7Gen

It's a deal breaker for me, personally. I'm not carrying around any cheesy adapters just to gain functionality back. 

6 hours ago, reedal said:

Lighting to 3.5mm adapter

8B138150-8932-478D-866E-C74BD6B7A14A.thumb.jpeg.e6b6a4a01e27232c225436df69a73ac1.jpeg

my my brother in-law gave this to me thinking it was mine. It’s not, but for those using wired headphones and iPhone 7 or newer, this is an option. I don’t use the 3.5mm jack on my 6+. Everything I do to play music is either Bluetooth or USB connection to my phone or iPod classic 7Gen

yeah thats what came with my phone

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Let's see here: the manufacturers SAVE money so there is more profit on phone sales, and you are forced to buy shitty accessories you wouldn't normally purchase? Sounds like a great business model to me. All its missing is a way to make your purchase obsolete in a year, forcing you to "upgrade". Oh wait, Apple already has that going too. 

Necessary accessories are included. I haven't had to buy anything else yet. I'm pretty sure the cost of the adapter included is more than the cost of keeping the headphone port on the phone. 

It does open up lots of new accessories though, especially the dual charging/headphone adapter. Not sure what comes with the other phone doing away with the headphone port (Google?) but I imagine it will be similar to what Apple included.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived