Sonic Electronix

I'm new to the forum but have been messing around with aftermarket stereos for a while. I am planning a new build to start in the next couple of weeks and had a question.  I want to run 4 8"mids and 4 tweeters (2 of each per door) , can I split them on a 4 channel amp and have mids running on the rear channels and the tweeters running on the front channels, or do I run 1 mid and 1 tweeter per channel?  My thought was so I can set the HPF's to most closely match the frequency range of the equipment. Any help would be appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Clarivee1977 said:

I'm new to the forum but have been messing around with aftermarket stereos for a while. I am planning a new build to start in the next couple of weeks and had a question.  I want to run 4 8"mids and 4 tweeters (2 of each per door) , can I split them on a 4 channel amp and have mids running on the rear channels and the tweeters running on the front channels, or do I run 1 mid and 1 tweeter per channel?  My thought was so I can set the HPF's to most closely match the frequency range of the equipment. Any help would be appreciated. 

I run my 4 6.5" on my rear channels and the tweets on the front of my 4 channel.  I turn off my high pass filter and use the cross over on the amp for my mids and a passive on my tweets.  Just my way.  

Yes, as long as there is a separate HPF/LPF for channels 1/2 and channels 3/4, you can do the tweeters on front channels (1/2) and mids on rear channels (3/4). Just set the filters accordingly.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

What they said, with addition of:

make sure you make the final resistance load reaching the amp within the amps limits. Most 4 channels are class A/B, which get hotter than most monoblocks class D, meaning wiring below rated resistance(typically 2ohms bridged per 2 channels) can produce more heat than the amp is capable of dissipating over long periods of time. Properly set gains are a must of course. 

I appreciate the suggestions and help. I have already taken into consideration the heat and final impedance.  Besides ordering the equipment, I need to use, buy, or borrow a DD1 and CC1 to set the gains and crossovers. I will be looking forward to some true help in the near future from forum members and professionals alike. I know enough to safely install and set up the system but this will be my first (BIG) install with better equipment.  I am used to upgrading the factory speakers and installing subs and amps but have never used an amp for mids and highs. I'm sure it's gonna be a huge change from what I'm used to.

Archived