I am actually leasing this car so ive been trying to do the install so that at the end of the lease I can return it all back to stock. I'm running 2 12 JL w3 on a JL jx 1000/1. Just got a new box for them to match the specs JL prefers. Atrend makes a box called 12JL01DV. Not exact but pretty damn close to spec. My old box was too small for these subs. For the mids and highs in my front stage I have Focal Auditor 6.5 components. Made custom speaker rings out of some scrap mahogany I had. I wanted to install the in the factory location so I cut two identical rings of .75in thick using a router and glued them together. Used this rubbery foam weather stripping as a gasket around the speaker to make sure it was all sealed at the door panel. For the tweeters the actually fit almost perfect behind the door panel in the factory location. I used steel back strapping, hot glue and sound deadner around the edges of the opening to seal it and prevent rattles. Also made speaker rings for the pioneer d series coaxials in the back doors for the rear stage. Bought some KnuKonceptz 1/0 and ran it all the to back and split it off with 4 gauge using a distro block for the power wire and ran 16 gauge to the mids and highs. Had some spare 1/0 and did a big three upgrade and swapped the battery for an Interstate MT7. Way too many times my car died on me with the little stock battery and its a brand new car!

IMG_4928[1].jpg

IMG_3102.JPG

I also used to have a Audiocontrol Lcq-1 that i installed in the glovebox but someone jacked it from my car. Make sure your glove box can be locked up if you ever install something there. Nothing worse feeling than walking up to your car to see wires dangling 

For right now, I have a two channel LOC wired to the front 2 speaker outputs on the stock radio, then ran a pair of 2 ch rca's back to the rca input of my JL jx 1000. I took another 3ft. rca and wired it to the rca the pass through on the monoblock and hooked it up the ch1 rca inputs on the JX 360/4 4ch. I set the input selection on the 360/4 to the 2ch mode. This feeds the signal to all 4 outputs on the amp. I was debating buying a 4ch loc and 4ch rcas but decided to just take a stab at this setup. I set my all my gains  and crossovers using a scope and it seems to be working pretty damn good. Used the 0dB_1kHZ smd track for the 4 ch. and the -5dB_40Hz track for the sub. I set my sub crossover 80Hz using 0dB_80hz track and adjusted the crossover till I saw -3dB drop on the scope. I also set the crossovers for the 4ch the same way except using 0dB_100hz track.

Wired up the JL RBC1 bass knob and fit it in an empty slot next to the dimmer switch to make it look stock

Archived