URGENT! Need help with Bit One!

Hello guys, I need your help. Maybe anyone of you has any experience with this issue or Bit One configs.

The thing is that I have wired my Bit One and it does receive 12 volts from the battery, but it doesn't power up.

What I've tried:

- My friend has a Bit One, I tried replacing his with mine and it didn't work, while his does.
- Tried a different DRC and manually powering it on
- Hooking it up to the battery

What I haven't done yet:

- Connect it to a laptop with USB to see if it turns on (haven't tried because I am not ready to tune it yet as I've just only wired it)

Things I'm unsure of:

- Is it possible that a config causes this issue? (probably not as it should turn on when it's hooked up straight to the battery I'm guessing)
- Is it possible that, because my Bit One hasn't been powered on for half a year, perhaps it needs to be 'charged'

Anyone, please help me!

Edit: could it be that it just turns on when it senses an audio signal?

Make all connections and then retry powering it up, it may require you to have your inputs connected also to trigger it.

When in doubt consult your manual for trouble shooting tips.

Another possibility is the drc is not connected and it is turned off, requiring you to connect it and turn it on.

FAQ's http://www.audison.eu/assets/1472457481_1444665266_BIT_ONE_FAQ_english_rev01.pdf

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Just now, Skullz said:

Make all connections and then retry powering it up, it may require you to have your inputs connected also to trigger it.

When in doubt consult your manual for trouble shooting tips.

Another possibility is the drc is not connected and it is turned off, requiring you to connect it and turn it on.

FAQ's http://www.audison.eu/assets/1472457481_1444665266_BIT_ONE_FAQ_english_rev01.pdf

I have tried connecting a different DRC (which I know does work, because my friend uses it on his bit) as mentioned.

image.png.8a593cae81339feacddccf1940ebb946.png

Sadly, I have connected everything and it is not powering on.

Just now, Skullz said:

You tried your friends bit one in your car and it did not work, but it is known to be in working order?

Check your remote for power.

I don't think you're reading correctly (no offense).

My friend has a Bit One in his car and I tried replacing his with mine (that would be in his car)

image.png.d12114e00f17c69c2e99f473ad1a0913.png

Anyhow, he has everything wired correctly and it doesn't turn on in his vehicle either.
Besides, a Bit One does not require remote power. It should turn on through DRC if it sees power.

Most likely your bit one is damaged and in need of service.

I misunderstood your meaning on how you connected it trying to find out if it worked in both vehicles.

Were you the original purchaser, or did you get it off someone and put it in a closet till you decided to hook it up, which is something that always bites us in the ass.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Just now, Skullz said:

Most likely your bit one is damaged and in need of service.

I misunderstood your meaning on how you connected it trying to find out if it worked in both vehicles.

Were you the original purchaser, or did you get it off someone and put it in a closet till you decided to hook it up, which is something that always bites us in the ass.

I got it off someone and now finally had the time to hook it up. I wonder what's damaged then... Is it costly to have a bit repaired?
Of course you can't give me a quote as I have no clue what's wrong, but is it generally expensive? I've just sent out an e-mail to the Dutch dealer.

Hoping it won't be too expensive.

Repair cost is going to depend entirely on what's wrong with it.

It's like saying my car doesn't work. Could be something little, could be a whole chain of things that are fucked up.

Do you have any accessible fuses on your unit?

Archived