Second Skin Audio

Ported Box for 18" SSA ICON

Jcarp0331

Ok guys need some advice. I got an 18" SSA ICON D1 was in a sealed 5.5 cubs box off a JBL 1200 @ 2 ohms. Really wasn't that loud and don't have the "punch" to it. Excursion like a mofo. Tried sub up and sub back not much change. Just sold a 10 IA lethal injection in a T-line box @ 32 hz I build off a skar 800 and you could feel it slam in your chest but not the 18". Kinda surprised me that the 10" actually sounded better than the icon. The Icon will shake everything but you don't really feel it.  So I'm gonna try her ported. Sold the JBL and picked up an IA10.1 that I plan to run at .5 ohm. I have a 220 amp alt and all 0 gauge with the big 3. Purchasing a xs power battery today. I don't beat on my system much and keep it pretty tame just looking to maintain sq and improve output. The box I'm looking to build is 40" long x 24" tall x 22" deep. Sub and port firing back. Tuned to 32 hz with 112 in of port 38" long. Should be right around 7.5 cubs after port and sub. Back or a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee. Running off an App radio 4. I have an audio control over drive but doubt I'll use it. So does this sound like it could makntain sq and add some much needed oitput? 

IMG_1041.JPG

IMG_1735.PNG

Archived