Second Skin Audio

My First 4th Order

olumpa

Alright guys here goes, I am looking to build a 4th order with 6 15" Soundqubed HDC3.115's (the subs will be facing into the sealed chamber)  on a pair of DD M2c amps at .67ohms. This will be going in a GMC Jimmy, exterior box size is 49W x 32H x 48D

Here is the drawing I have please help me figure this out.

Mitchbox.png

• 2 weeks later...

I’m away from home but when I get back next week I can crunch some numbers on it. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2017 at 5:30 PM, olumpa said:

Thanks I will check back for your reply.

I got a chance to look over your numbers.  I had a question for you, in the image you posted you listed the front chamber at 16.41 cu ft.  Is that the net volume with the sub and port displacement already subtracted out of it, or is it gross volume?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

13 hours ago, olumpa said:

Gross volume

I am unsure of the exact displacement I think the math I did said the total after the subs and port is 14.2 cu ft.

Well the subs displace 1.02 and the port displaces ~2.56, depending on how you implement it.  So I come up with 12.83 cu ft net.  If you have any more space you could increase your front chamber size quite a bit for more output.  You could probably shrink down you sealed side a bit too to make the front chamber larger.  As far as port area goes I think you are looking pretty good. 

Builds:

Archived