My exhaust broke right before my muffler. Rusted out and snapped off. There isn't enough pipe on the muffler side to clamp it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix? Or what would you do? I do have a welder, but Idk if welding it would really work with it being rusted. Could get new muffler, but want to try and fix it if I can. Thanks in advance! 

IMG_3253.thumb.JPG.8b0a4fdacb80b1ac1c2715afcfa82ae1.JPG

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

16 minutes ago, Mr DeeBeez said:

My exhaust broke right before my muffler. Rusted out and snapped off. There isn't enough pipe on the muffler side to clamp it. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix? Or what would you do? I do have a welder, but Idk if welding it would really work with it being rusted. Could get new muffler, but want to try and fix it if I can. Thanks in advance! 

IMG_3253.thumb.JPG.8b0a4fdacb80b1ac1c2715afcfa82ae1.JPG

Cut off the rusted sections, buy a short 2" long piece of tube (whatever diameter you have) and weld the new section in without the flange.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Fixed! :) didn't weld it, so it's kinda a temp fix. But cut the flange off, wrapped the ends of each pipe with fiberglass wrap, and put flex pipe over all of it with some exhaust clamps. May not be the best fix, but cost me $20 and about an hour of time so I'm happy. As long as it lasts through winter at least I'll be happy. Thanks for all your help!

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Buy yourself a cat back for Christmas.

Even if you do a good repair on that section, another section or the muffler is getting ready to go out. I used to patch things up and get them going but I am getting too old to lay under a vehicle any more than I have to. I have even made complete dual exhaust setups out of electrical conduit EMT but they only last a few years and is no longer worth it to me to do even though the conduit is free scrap that I scavenged. Now I use stainless mufflers, tubes and mandrel bends from Summit Racing.

The only thing worse that fixing something is fixing it again.

Ps. Make sure you wear eye protection to keep the rust out of your eyes.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

• 1 year later...
On 10/23/2017 at 6:52 PM, Mr DeeBeez said:

Fixed! :) didn't weld it, so it's kinda a temp fix. But cut the flange off, wrapped the ends of each pipe with fiberglass wrap, and put flex pipe over all of it with some exhaust clamps. May not be the best fix, but cost me $20 and about an hour of time so I'm happy. As long as it lasts through winter at least I'll be happy. Thanks for all your help!

Repair pics???

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Archived