Second Skin Audio

Not sure if smart

Rick Moore

I currently have a box at about 6cubes tuned at 34hz subs port up box that was made for 2 sundown sa15s on 2k it sounded good but I blew a sub and covered the hole and am currently running just 1 sub on 1K and it sounds amazing was only hitting 142.3 previously hit a 140.9 on a single. my question for you in theory if I went around 11-12 cubes subs up port back and did 2 sa15s on 2k zapco amp tuned at 28hz do you think it will sound lousy or will it really improve the sound. Other option would be to get a 4th order made I want musical but also to get good numbers. I am currently in a 06 durango with about 47W 16H 36D alloted space. I believe this will give about 6 inches from back door. 

Let's see what some modeling show, the following is two drivers (SA-15) on 6 cubes net @34Hz 2K power vs one driver on 6 cubes .@34Hz 1K power (in yellow):

sa15s.jpg

Cone displacement is as follows:

disp.jpg

What this shows is that you like an extremely peaky response, according to the model you could probably get away with a higher than recommended net volume as long as you keep your subsonic filter set properly, the only thing I wouldn't do is tuning lower if you want to keep loud.

thanks Joe. I have no clue how to do any of that modeling. I see what you said about the peaky response. I may just have to pay someone to make me the correct plan and get what I think I want. I have no clue how to build a box or design it with these programs so easier to pay. I may just go to the 4th order box to get more range but stay musical. I really would like to try and hit a 150 but that is alot to gain since i am only about 141 currently. 

Archived