Second Skin Audio

Not sure what sub to get, first custom system help!

DasBassHead

So as the title states I am soon going to be putting my first custom bass setup together, however I'm not as knowledgeable as some of you guys about various brands etc. I've narrowed it down to 3 potential subs and want to know which one you guys think would suit me best. But first, some information on everything else, I will be running the sub on its own in a 2.1 cubic foot box tuned to 34hz. The sub will be powered by a EVO2000.1 amplifier (maybe) running at 4ohms which according to the website should put out about 1000w RMS. So now you know what the rest of the setup is I'll list the three subs. The first is the Vibe BlackAir 12 v5 Black Edition, the sub is rated at 550w RMS and has a dual 2 ohm voice coil. The next sub is the Alphard Machete M12D2 Sport, this one is rated at 750w RMS and also has dual 2 ohm coils. The final sub is the Rockford Fosgate Punch Series P2D2-12 rated for 400w RMS (probably a bit overpowered at 1000w but that's why I'm asking here first) and has dual 2 ohm voice coils as well.

Links to each sub with more info:
Vibe: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/vibe-blackair-12-v5-black-edition-12-subwoofer-1600-watts
Alphard: https://caraudiomotions.co.uk/product/alphard-machete-m12d1d2-sport/
Rockford Fosgate: http://caraudiosecurity.com/punch-series-p2d2-12-12-p2-2-ohm-dvc-subwoofer

Please take it easy as like I said I'm not as knowledgeable as others, this is also my first post so sorry if any rules are broken. Please be nice!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Sound Storm EVO2000.1M? Which costs $81? If that is the one probably won't put out 500W RMS @4 ohm, since it looks you are UK based it would hard for you to get many US brands which can offer better value for the money, the P2 would probably work well with that amp and that box.

On 25/10/2017 at 11:31 PM, Joe X said:

Sound Storm EVO2000.1M? Which costs $81? If that is the one probably won't put out 500W RMS @4 ohm, since it looks you are UK based it would hard for you to get many US brands which can offer better value for the money, the P2 would probably work well with that amp and that box.

It costs closer to $200 on the site I was going to purchase it from, plus if the power output isn't sufficient I could always connect it differently to increase the output.  Yeah that's what I was leaning towards as I know they are built well and have always wanted RF gear since I found out about SMD. Just watched the SKAR video, what would you about running that instead? (if I can get my hands on one in the UK that is)

Archived