Hey guys new to the forum here. I had a question about running speaker wire. I am getting a new set of component speakers for my car mine are blown factory speakers. I will be amplifing them, will I need to run new bigger speaker wire from the headunit to the amp or just from the amp to the speakers? I am a newbie at this and plan on building my own system.

I highly recommend running new wire with proper terminations.  You owe it to yourself.  Knukonceptz makes really nice speaker wire that is well priced.  You don't necessarily need bigger wire than 16 gauge for components, but for subs, I recommend 12 gauge wire.  Ordering two different lengths of gauges will save you money.   You can simulate the length of your runs with string and duct tape to hold it in place to get an idea of how much wire you will need.   It could be a fair amount, depending on the vehicle and distance from the amps to the speaker locations.