November 2017 SOTM Nominees - Enter to win a Skar 18" sub/amp/box combo!!

9 minutes ago, Jake Pace said:

So then how is tony187soundproof in the running, he only has his system in the sig?  I have what my system is in my sig and some pictures, so what is going on here?

Click the link in Tony's post.  Its his build log.  When Bola said "Build Log is in sig", he meant the link to his build log was in his sig

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We ask that you have at least 5 pictures of your install.
In our opinion that is not even a lot because when you show off your install and things that your doing its easy to snap a lot of pics especially if your trying to show off your work.
A picture of your wiring under the hood, picture of your radio harness wiring job, maybe a couple pics from building a box (cutting wood, assembling, carpeting, etc), amplifier(s) wiring, finish install pics..

For example I got over 600 pics in my build log for my truck (and its no where near done), and probably around that many on other full installs Ive done and shared.
A few enclosures Ive built had 40-100+ pics taken and posted, and that is just for a box (not a complete install). Its easy to get a lot of pics when you start showing things off step by step on how you do something so others can learn from it.

Granted we are not asking entries to go through that kind of detail to enter SOTM, but 5 pics in a build log to show off your system in your own thread that you can update when your install progresses is not hard to do. However usually the more pictures you post and more details you have may draw in other members to your build and make them interested in it that much more so when voting comes around they will remember that they liked your setup and will maybe vote for you.

-Brian

8 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

We ask that you have at least 5 pictures of your install.
In our opinion that is not even a lot because when you show off your install and things that your doing its easy to snap a lot of pics especially if your trying to show off your work.
A picture of your wiring under the hood, picture of your radio harness wiring job, maybe a couple pics from building a box (cutting wood, assembling, carpeting, etc), amplifier(s) wiring, finish install pics..

For example I got over 600 pics in my build log for my truck (and its no where near done), and probably around that many on other full installs Ive done and shared.
A few enclosures Ive built had 40-100+ pics taken and posted, and that is just for a box (not a complete install). Its easy to get a lot of pics when you start showing things off step by step on how you do something so others can learn from it.

Granted we are not asking entries to go through that kind of detail to enter SOTM, but 5 pics in a build log to show off your system in your own thread that you can update when your install progresses is not hard to do. However usually the more pictures you post and more details you have may draw in other members to your build and make them interested in it that much more so when voting comes around they will remember that they liked your setup and will maybe vote for you.

-Brian

OK il add the pics of the box before carpeting because i had a friend build it for me and a shot of under the hood as well.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Check this out. If we get 40 entries, i will toss in a 4 channel amp out of my own pocket! If we get 50 i will toss in a 2nd and 3rd place "cash" (or credit) prize.  So make sure you tell a few people! share this on your social media networks! The odds are always good here but when the odds start getting worse, i ALWAYS toss in more stuff and make them better again.  So lets get this thing cracking guys! and thanks a LOT to the guys at Skar Audio for tossing in a GREAT prize! i WANT that 18 my damn self! haha...

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

This vehicle WON'T be the one the SOTM would go into (obviously), but it is the only operational system I have at the moment.  More on that in a bit.

WPTbUSy.jpg

1995 Ford Ranger.

Oo72xUI.jpg

Door speakers replace with Kicker Components.  All wiring run under the carpet.  Sound deadening back wall, doors and floors.  Really could use it on the roof, but not sure I want to pull the headliner to do so.  Complete stealth install when I pop the face off of the deck.  Not a big money build, but incredibly improved the sound in this very small truck.

GaLEyyN.jpg

Replaced this battery with an Optima Red Top.  Alternator was also replaced and I improved the ground wire from battery to body and body to motor.  Body to motor was done when I had to replace the starter 2 years ago, no photos of that, but for such a small truck and small engine, that starter SUCKED to replace.  Not impossible, just annoying to do laying on the ground on my driveway.

USMSq9R.jpg

I swapped the rear and door speakers for Kicker Components, but they're hidden under this cover.  Doing the rears was a waste as the seat absorbs nearly all of the sound. If I were shorter and could put the seat forward a bit it might be different.  The 1995 Ford Ranger cab has less space than a Miata.  And I'm NOT small.

mAmJdgB.jpg

POS Pioneer head unit.

SLgOEAz.jpg

Sundown SD-2 8 inch sub in a 0.28 sealed box powered by an old skool RF Punch 40X2.  And for the space and small cabin, this sounds incredibly good and gets lower than you might expect.  Just not LOUD. But makes for a really good listening system for just bopping down the road.

Why could I really use a win right now?

lMyFYJp.jpg

Amp melt down on my other system.  Old RF Punch 100 pushing a ported Punch Power 10.  Smoke everywhere, nearly started the trunk of my car on fire, yet somehow didn't pop either inline fuse.  3 months later and my garage still has a hint of burnt amp smell...

Link to the log - 

Archived