1999 BMW 528i wagon build/rebuild

9 hours ago, bmwking said:

thanks man!  yeah we love it here.  i like seeing locals too, nice to know there's more of us out there

Yep, I'm not on the level you're at with my system. Just a basic daily that hauls my work stuff. But it keeps me happy. I was just out for a short cruise on Woodward this evening. Rolled thru from Ferndale up to Birmingham and back. 

13 hours ago, Jahlg64 said:

Yep, I'm not on the level you're at with my system. Just a basic daily that hauls my work stuff. But it keeps me happy. I was just out for a short cruise on Woodward this evening. Rolled thru from Ferndale up to Birmingham and back. 

hey your daily has some good shit in it!  be proud man!  and if you're ever out cruising around and see my green wagon, feel free to say what's up!  also I have a DD-1 if you want help tuning your head unit and radio to make sure you are using clean signal

Oh heck yeah I'll put the dd1 to use. Got to swap sub amp and build new enclosure first. More power and bigger box. Sorry to thread jack and get off topic.  

• 6 months later...

well... the build on the bimmer has officially ended.  it's finally come time to put her out to pasture.  with 350,000 miles on her the michigan weather has finally given her uncurable cancer in the form of rust penetrating her underbody.  not to mention she's entered the cycle of fix one thing and the next thing goes wrong.  cant be having it.

so i replaced her this week with an 05 subaru forester XT w/ 120k on it.  i'll be gutting the bimmer and moving most of the stuff over. gotta see if singer will re-case my alt.  let's see where this next build goes (i'll make a new log for it fer sure), definitely going to have a stronger focus on performance for this one (i mean it is a wrx under a small suv body afterall), but i'll need the additional hp to offset the extra weight im chucking in ;)

Archived