1999 BMW 528i wagon build/rebuild

So, I've been meaning to start a build log but I'm shit at remembering to take pictures as I go along.  I'm gonna dump what I have so far and slowly update on progress.  

Current equipment:

Singer 270 amp alt
GP audio white 2/0 (2 runs from alt to batt in rear), black 2/0 for grounds
Shtnonm white and black 2/0 heat shrink (for the deebeez)
Knuconeptz Krystal 4 channel and 2 channel RCAs
Sky high 12ga speaker wire
AudioControl Matrix Plus line driver
Audiocontrol bass knob (voltage, not gain)
Factory replaced group 48 AGM
Shuriken BT20   Custom sourced 70ah CALB lithium cell
Alpine CDE149BT
CT Sounds 5.25" Meso components in factory locations in front doors
CT Sounds 5.25" Meso coaxs for rear fill in the roof
Alpine Type R 12 x 4 American Bass XFL1244 x 2
Custom 5cu ft sealed box Custom 4.8cu ft ported box, tuned to approx 36hz
CT Sounds AT200.4 for mids and highs
American Bass PH4000MD for subs (soon to be replaced with the Synergy Audio WFO45.1 sitting on my workbench)

So yeah that's a pretty current list of bits n bobs, on to the pictures.  I'll try to put them in chronological order, but no guarantees.

here's the car as she sits right now, lowered on ST tuning coilovers, custom full catback exhaust w/ ebay muffler, 5% tint all around + windshield strip, leds in and out (the hood was popped in this picture, it doesnt sit open like this)

20160924_112014copy.jpg

the old box with the 4 type r 12s.  not sure why i went sealed, lazy i guess.  oh and at this point i had an excelon 542 for the mids and highs and 2 excelon 811ds for the subs.  old equipment that i had sitting around.  this box was a disappointment in terms of the loud.  kept snapping screws too.  drove me nuts.  also, it slid under the cargo cover not in the picture

20150716_210834copy.jpg

finally started to make big boy moves and really buckle down on the electrical, it was basically stock up until this point.  After the better part of 8 months of back and forth with Mike Singer, I finally was able to pull the trigger.  As excited as i was i had to wait, not because of anythign under either of our control, but because the first one got lost in the mail!  thanks usps :(  However, Mike was an incredible person/business owner and built me one on the fly and i had it within 2 weeks.  just an awesome dude.

20170909_160240_HDRcopy.jpg

now we finally start to get interesting, I recently bought a synergy audio wfo45.1 off a buddy of mine and knew that there was no way in hell I'd be able to just chuck it in with my upgraded alt, a single run of 1/0, and that teeny little shuriken bt20.  with the help of @WalledSonic and batteryuniversity.com I was able to accurately source a custom CALB style 70ah lithium for 1/3 the price of a JY 73ah.  I made my own copper buss bars and the steel frame to hold the base together.  I also knew I needed to finally get my shit together and start running my gp 2/0 that I'd been sitting on since spring.  I was dreading the day because well, running it in the beemer wasnt going to be easy.  I was right and wrong.  youll see.

Oh, if anyone is interested in doing the same thing i did for the battery, here's where i bought them.  USA stock and shipped, 4 of these with shipping came to about $475, shipping may be cheaper if youre on the west coast.  http://www.electriccarpartscompany.com/70Ah-CALB-Battery  max discharge rate is 700 amps.  the JYpower 80ah is 800 amps and $1700.  this was definitely the most budget friendly way for me to go while still being safe

20171028_142446copy.jpg

so today is when i finally had the gumption to run my 2/0.  it went really well, I was able to make the runs with relative ease compared to every other car I've run wires in.  plenty of space on the firewall, the right tools, good spots for routing under carpet.  just nothing to complain about :)  except my own dumbass pulling a trim panel off by hand because "fuck it this is how i used to do it"  well that ripped on my ring finger nail so bad that it didnt tear the nail, but rather pulled it from the nail bed, cracked the cuticle and pulled it out so the back part of half of my nail is now sitting on top of the skin instead of being in it.  warning, that pic isnt for the squeamish.

didnt get any real pics of the running of said 2/0 just because i got in a groove

20171103_140817copy.jpg

20171103_141317copy.jpg

looks like its time for a positive terminal too.  so the hard part of doing the runs is done, ill be putting off the finishing runs and replacing my 1/0 until a later day just because my nail fucking hurts and well, i had enough fighting with panels for one day.  oh I also threw down some secondskin damp pro in my spare tire well because my exhaust was droning a bit too much.  seems to have done the trick.  no pics of that tho.  

20171103_142749copy.jpg

20171103_175021copy.jpg

20171103_172052copy.jpg

Archived