2000 Chevy S10 "Nothing special" Build log

My other modifications not audio related:

Lowered 4/4 with Belltech drop spindles and springs up front and 3" leaf springs in the rear

jagsthatrun.com driveshaft alignment kit (added another 1" drop to the rear.)

Belltech Street performance shocks

Prothane polyurethane front control arm bushings and sway bar end links

Zq8 front and rear sway bars

Zexel Torsen limited slip carrier

Hellwig performance traction control springs (like traction bars but they mount on top of the leaf springs)

Cross drilled and slotted brake rotors up front

Custom built 2.5" Y-pipe

Flowmaster 40 series catback exhaust

LED dome light, footwell lights, map lights, 3rd brake light and license plate lights

CheckmateFX fiberglass bedcover and inside the whole bed covered with Herculiner

Street Scene SS power and heated side view mirrors

S10 Xtreme 16" wheels sprayed with black plastidip

Front and rear bumpers sprayed with black plastidip

Windshield tinted 50% and all other windows tinted 5%

Clear front turn signal lenses

Lasfit LED headlight bulbs (9006/HB4)

K&N FIPK cold air intake

PCM mildly tuned

Hornblasters train horns mounted behind the front grill and a Viair 2 gallon tank and compressor mounted inside the bed. 1/2" airline ran inside the frame from the tank to the horns up front

Build looks good  , great mids never heard a type R sub in person I’m guessing if it’s anything like the quality of their mids it’s a great sub.

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

On 11/11/2017 at 2:40 PM, Ron36 said:

Build looks good  , great mids never heard a type R sub in person I’m guessing if it’s anything like the quality of their mids it’s a great sub.

Thanks. The Type R sub has been great although the amp is only delivering 600 watts to it. (rated 1000 rms) This is my 3rd system in this truck and I'm happy with everything right now.

On 11/11/2017 at 5:40 PM, Ron36 said:

I had a 12" in a sealed box for a while and it did not disappoint.

2010 Accord Sedan

XS D3400R

Clarion HU

Sundown mids and highs

Incriminator amps

Incriminator Lethal Injection 12"

On 11/13/2017 at 9:39 AM, twalker182 said:

I had a 12" in a sealed box for a while and it did not disappoint.

My original system was a Pioneer Premier head unit with 2 Rockford Fosgate Punch HE 12" subs in a sealed enclosure with a Kenwood amp. My truck was broken into and everything was stolen.  Then I bought two 12" Alpine Type S subs and put them in a sealed downfire enclosure built for this truck. I ran them on the same Alpine amp I am using now for about 7 years until one sub quit working. I sold the box and the working sub and bought the Type R sub and the ported enclosure built for it. I'm very happy with it so far but of course more power would be great!  

Archived