Sonic Electronix

Hi there guys after a few suggestions in regards to a new build, Been out the audio game for a couple of years now. (Im from the UK), My UK based forum I used to use seems to have turned from audio to magazine based sadly. 

My previous build was in a Citroen C2, Consisted of: Ascendant Audio havoc 12" tuned to 33hz, B2 Quota, Focal 165v30, Genesis profile 1 etc,

Now my new car is a MK1 8n Audi TT 225. 

I originally had thoughts of going for 2x12" setup but I think im swayed towards 2x15's.

After a bit of advice on this sort of setup:

Standard alternator is pushing 120ah

Subs: Sundown SA-15 x2, How do these run off of 750w. I know there sweet spots like 1k-1.2k, But I can't afford the jump to 2k watt amp/battery.

Enclosure: Not sure on 15's only ever built 12's, But at a guess Im thinking 7 cu/ft? Ill post in the enclosure page on help regarding this. Tuning wise, had in mind 28hz but maybe around the 31/32? Opinions?

Amplifier: Sundown SAE-1500D, Any alternatives if this isn't reccomended?

Battery: Bit of a newbie area to me. Ideally I'd like a big primary battery that can handle the 1500w. Question is do I buy a 12v? Or 14v? I saw the XS Power XE14-50  Which seems to be able to handle 1500w. Any other suggestions would be great.

Sound deadening: Silentcoat Multilayer, Had great success with this in my previous car so I'll probably jump on that again.

HU, Front Comps, Comp  Amp undecided yet as I want to work around the sub setup first.

Design wise, I did a quick sketchup of an idea I have.

Inside of the TT looks like this:.

3bdd8c56b2f07c61ec7fc3b1d5abe7b0.jpg

I was thinking a sealed forward facing semi wall I guess sort of setup:.

45000c1d85b73d7fdf38905c48a6120b.png

a1c0f7fcc285e22c602f0de02677c0e2.png

Bare In mind nothing in the sketchup drawings are to scale it's just to see my idea.

By semi wall, It won't be permanent. I'll be sealing off the the edges of the "wall" with high pressure ducting foam. Will be secured to the car floor in regards to L brackets or however else I decide to do so.

Bare in mind im from the UK guys, Not many suppliers out here of some of the american brands, (1 Authorised sundown dealer in the whole of uk...).

Any helps appreciated :)

Jay

Archived