Help on electrical upgrade requirements for 2k

I only play my system while the car is running 

My daily drivers a Civic 08. I plan on running two rockford amps. 

One prime series 1200.1 or a punch/power with an equivalent power of around 1200-1500 rms to power two p3 12s. 

One Rockford 4 channel to power the mids and highs no more than 600 rms.

So a load of no more 2k ish. Currently I have 1/0 big three upgrade with a stock alt around 70 -75 amps. And 4 gauge running to a 750.1 rf prime. Everstate Walmart battery 51 R series.

Besides a new front battery of the same series but in like xs power or a yellow top. 

Whatwould I need to upgrade 

Would one run of 1/0 ofc work for this flow? (If I hooked it to a distribution block with one 1/0 and one 4 gauge output for the amps.

Would the single battery from a car audio company work? Or would a rear battery be required?

Appreciate any thoughts or advice.

If it were me I would start with the biggest XS I could fit under the hood. And yeah 1/0 run to a distro should suffice for that. Find a way to monitor your voltage other than the stock gauge.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

my suggestion would be to install your XS power battery in the trunk if you can. run your 1/0 from the alternator to a battery isolator (Stinger) then from the isolator to the trunk to your XS battery. Make sure you take the time to ground your battery properly to the chassis.  at that point your only limitations are how much battery amp hours your are working with and how much your system draws. this sets you up for future upgrades such as bigger amps and more batteries. also have less chance of dimming headlights and other issues from exessive amp draw.

when the amps are little like yours, i like 2 get a battery for each amp, as my way of saying happy first birthday

when the amps grow up they eat alot more and need a fucking farm under the hood (h/o alt) ran to a herd of batteries that weigh the same as cows

wasn't there something said about isolators here i need to look now

btw i would fuse front and back of power wire between batteries

i personally wouldn't run an isolator i think they strain the secondary battery and amp

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Just one group 31 in the rear and you should be perfectly fine with what you are planning. Run 1/0 cable to it and call it a day.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

14 hours ago, Gunnem said:

when the amps are little like yours, i like 2 get a battery for each amp, as my way of saying happy first birthday

when the amps grow up they eat alot more and need a fucking farm under the hood (h/o alt) ran to a herd of batteries that weigh the same as cows

I love this analogy haha. 

Thanks everyone for the advice. I think I'm going to take a little from everyone and start by upgrading front battery with the biggest I can get. Then upgrade to 1/0 wire to the trunk. Before I get my second amp I'll get another (trunk) battery and hook that to my 1/0 and use it as a distribution block for my 4 and 1/0 gauge to amps. *I'll make sure to ground to a more forward part in the chassis like under the rear seats since I have a coupe.

Archived