Sonic Electronix

Hello all I tried to find this question already asked which I am sure it has been but don't spend a lot of time on the forum and for some reason find it really complicated to search for stuff.

My equipment Dc Audio level 6 18 m4, Sundown Audio Scv7500.

Question #1 What is a good setting for my low pass crossover?

Question #2 My old amp is a Scv3000 it suffered water damage several mosfets were destroyed in the event. Would sundown be the best place to send it for repair?

I stepped up quite a notch from the 3000 to the 7500 but its bad ass! Love the woofer I have had them all seems like and before reconing this one it was the M2 series which lasted longer than anything I have ever had. I reconned it maybe 2 months ago I probably would have never blown it but my 3000 watt amp was clipping like fu. I purchased a cheap pos oscilliscope for $60 off amazon after the recone and found out my amp was clipping by the time I turned it up to 10 on my deck. This is the reason I purchased the 7500 so my now M4 woofer could enjoy clean power.

Thanks for your time I appreciate anybody answering this question one more time.

Dont send to dB-r.  Steve at Amp Medics is legit.

EDIT: Sundown doesnt use Chris at dB-r anymore.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Steve at amp medics gotcha thanks a lot, my MOSFET's blew up just a couple on each side and I would hate to let this amp just waste cuz its a little power house! I was thinking of maybe using it for some home audio setup until I went into the guitar center yesterday. They have some professional system like concert setups that are real legit for not a whole lot of money I was pretty blown away by what you could get for a thousand dollars one could walk out with a wireless high and mid speaker powered with class a/b 1000w amp and a wireless 18" 1500w sub-woofer. I say forget the bookshelf shit you could easily spend that much on nothing in comparison! If you're looking for some home audio check that shit out first. JBL Makes some real nice stuff.

Thanks all for the replies. I will set it at 80 that sounds good. I am almost done with my custom amp rack I wanna upload some pics I did my whole system custom and its taken a while but I am pretty proud of it.

Archived