Second Skin Audio

Pretty sure sub is damaged.. pic included

akuma4u

My sub is making a lot of mechanical type noises and isnt as loud and clear and low as before.. the foam surround LOOKS normal but when you press it in you can feel a crack in the middle and that crack is deep and goes all the way around the surround. I am assuming i pushed the sub too hard and it created this crack from over excursion..

One guy however told me as long as its not visibly cracked its fine... but i think its time for a recone.. posting this pic for other opinions..

303egwk.jpg

There is a way to repair it, we used to have people bring in subs back in my high school electronics class and the teacher knew a way of repairing them when they had slits like that, EXO has a video on how to do this and here is the link.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

The crack in the surround wont cause mechanical noise.. You may have other issues 

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

i have to take the sub out and check the coils but i was told that crack , that runs all the way around the sub., is causing rubbing and that is causing the noise i hear..

if you say its not , then what kind of sound or issues would the crack cause if its not mechanical in nature?

21 minutes ago, akuma4u said:

i have to take the sub out and check the coils but i was told that crack , that runs all the way around the sub., is causing rubbing and that is causing the noise i hear..

if you say its not , then what kind of sound or issues would the crack cause if its not mechanical in nature?

what kind of noise is it? scratching? Doubt the surround would make that much noise even with that "crack". Does it do it at a certain frequency? volume level (i.e. certain amount of movment or all the time?)?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

2 minutes ago, ChevyBoy95 said:

what kind of noise is it? scratching? Doubt the surround would make that much noise even with that "crack". Does it do it at a certain frequency? volume level (i.e. certain amount of movment or all the time?)?

the bass doesnt hit as hard, and sounds dirty and not as low as before,. it sounds more distorted and yes like a scratching type noise. its hard to explain...

i was told since the crack is all the way around that its rubbing the motor and also there is no more cone control which is what is causing the noise and issues im hearing.

4 hours ago, akuma4u said:

the bass doesnt hit as hard, and sounds dirty and not as low as before,. it sounds more distorted and yes like a scratching type noise. its hard to explain...

i was told since the crack is all the way around that its rubbing the motor and also there is no more cone control which is what is causing the noise and issues im hearing.

Either coil is blown or shifted if it is scratching, and would also cause it to not be as loud if one of the coils was gone.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

1 hour ago, audiofanaticz said:

Looks like the cone is creased as well, or its just the way the pic is from the flash. Almost as if you had something laying against it when you where bumping, or the box slid against the back of the trunk.

exactly.. its a crease that actually feels like its sliced from the inside and it goes all the way around the entire circumference of the sub. Best way i can describe it is as if someone took a blade from the inside of the foam and made a cut all the way around and just left a mm or 2 of foam intact so that it doesnt appear cut from the outside. There was no flash used while taking the pic.

Archived