six 3' aero ports distance from hatch

Hamze

Hello,

i have six 12's firing up ported to the back in a grand cherokee. I have six 3' aero ports. Been searching all over the internet for a week, for an answer with no success. i already know that we should at least distance the port from the hatch by a ports width.

my question is i have six 3 inch ports, should i distance at least 3' or 18' ? 

2 hours ago, poorfish88 said:

How much power and what subs?  Cause your port area seems tiny, unless your using some low power.

I'd go with a single large port aero port, or a slot port.

Hello, its a SQ build. i have built the port and box to the manufacturers recommendation . subs are Pioneer pro spl line subs , 1000 rms per subwoofer . system is doing shirt tricks and small hair tricks :) . i just need a clarification for multiple port distance from rear hatch. 

if i have 6 3' ports , should i space the box by 3 inches from hats or i multiply 6x3 and move it 18 inches in order for the ports to breath ? i guess 18 inches is too much though :)

36 minutes ago, Hamze said:

Hello, its a SQ build. i have built the port and box to the manufacturers recommendation . subs are Pioneer pro spl line subs , 1000 rms per subwoofer . system is doing shirt tricks and small hair tricks :) . i just need a clarification for multiple port distance from rear hatch. 

if i have 6 3' ports , should i space the box by 3 inches from hats or i multiply 6x3 and move it 18 inches in order for the ports to breath ? i guess 18 inches is too much though :)

So are you putting 1,000 watts to each sub, or are you saying each sub is rated for 1,000 watts?

The general rule for aeroports is they need to be at least one diameter away from other surfaces, doesn't matter how many ports there are.  

Ok, so exactly how much power are you going to be running?  What is the net volume of the box? What is the tuning frequency?  The reason I ask is a single 3" port is VERY undersized for a 12" sub.  Extremely so.  I'm hoping to help you avoid a potential big mistake.  The fact that a 3" port may be what the manufacturer recommends or that you are doing a SQ build doesn't make a 3" port OK.  You would think the manufacturer would give you good suggestions, but it often is not the case.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

1 hour ago, Hamze said:

You could do sooooo much more if you didn't have  tiny port area.

27 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

So are you putting 1,000 watts to each sub, or are you saying each sub is rated for 1,000 watts?

The general rule for aeroports is they need to be at least one diameter away from other surfaces, doesn't matter how many ports there are.  

Ok, so exactly how much power are you going to be running?  What is the net volume of the box? What is the tuning frequency?  The reason I ask is a single 3" port is VERY undersized for a 12" sub.  Extremely so.  I'm hoping to help you avoid a potential big mistake.  The fact that a 3" port may be what the manufacturer recommends or that you are doing a SQ build doesn't make a 3" port OK.  You would think the manufacturer would give you good suggestions, but it often is not the case.  

Thank you for clearing up things ! I will build another box with bigger ports considering your advice :).  i already built the box and using it, my sub is rated at 1000 rms nominal, and i am feeding it 1000 rms... tuned to 33hz , i can hear no chuffing though 

Archived