2014 Silverado remote start help

Hello everyone, it's been quite awhile since I posted on here. About 6 months ago I upgraded from my 2004 GMC Envoy to a 2014 Silverado and have been having problems trying to get my remote start installed. I am trying to re-use my Viper 5901 unit I had in the envoy in my Silverado but can't get it working at all. What happens is when I try to remote start the truck it will just turn on the accessories and that's it, it never even tries to crank the engine. I can start the truck by the key without any problems when the bypass module (dball2) is connected.

Is there anyone on here who has a 2014+ Silverado/Sierra who has used a dball2 bypass with success? DEI is of absolutely no help with me as i'm not a dealer. 

When I programmed the bypass and take it to the truck to perform the learning sequence I noticed it just sits there and flashes green flash and never goes away. It says in the programming instructions to wait for the LED to go solid green but that never happens. I had waited a half hour and still never had it change so I took the key and turned it once to the ACC position and then to the RUN position and then to START and the truck fired up with the key and the dball2 would blink green for a few flashes and then go out. Then when I turned the key to off the dball2 would light up solid green and the ignition would chime once and I noticed for a split second the dash had the passlock anti-theft icon lit up when that happened and then the truck turned off the ignition.

I just can't seem to get this working at all and would love the range and security of the aftermarket unit. I have OEM remote start but don't like the range on it or the 20 minute runtime. I like being able to just press the button once and that's it, not having to extend my runtime another 10 minutes.

If anyone has any insight on this I greatly appreciate it. I factory reset my viper 5901 and still got nowhere with it.

My Silverado is again a 2014 with factory remote start and power windows/locks. It is an automatic transmission as well.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Bump, nobody else on here has any experience with remote start in the newest series of silverado's?

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• 2 weeks later...

if you are not a dealer how are you getting the install guides for the DBALL2? did you meter any of your acc or ign wires? where did you connect them? 

if nothing changes, nothing changes

You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know

Anyone can make a login under direct techs and get access to the wiring guides. I did not meter any of the wires on my truck as I followed the guide from DEI 100%. I don't have an actual wire on my truck for the starter, it's all controlled through the computer which the dball2 would control.

did you try soft resetting the bypass and re-do key programming? have you tried to re-flash the dball2?

kind of at a loss. you really need to meter acc, ign, start wires to see if one is either not powering or if the sequence is not correct. once you get that info you can move into the direction of where the issue is.

Definitely no on the compushit products. I hate their products and definitely like DEI brands.

@fasfocus00 Yeah that's what I was getting towards as well. Maybe I'll take a final stab at it this coming summer but for now the OEM one is working. The viper I have is kinda beat up from being in my old truck. The wires that attach to the antenna had faded and actually melted the coating back from the connector due to the sun coming through my windshield.

The only benefits of my aftermarket unit were the range, having 2 way capability, being able to close the windows with the remote when I lock the truck (rarely roll the windows down and forget to put them back up so it's not that important) and the extra security of having a better alarm system than the factory.

do you have any aftermarket stuff tied in to can? I diagnosed a vehicle earlier today that had something tapped into can that prevented the module from programming. unplugged that item and bam it programmed.

On 12/8/2017 at 11:16 PM, fasfocus00 said:

do you have any aftermarket stuff tied in to can? I diagnosed a vehicle earlier today that had something tapped into can that prevented the module from programming. unplugged that item and bam it programmed.

The truck is completely stock. Nothing extra was added except for running boards, a cap for the bed and floor mats. All things that have no affect on the CAN system. That's what I was thinking too but the previous owner had it leased and it didn't show any signs of modifications. Now I have heard rumors of aftermarket systems that dealers put in cars so they can track the car when you are making payments and shut it down. I doubt I have that since the loan is not one of those kinds where if you have poor credit they put them on the car. 

• 4 weeks later...

A few questions 

Are you using a T harness?

Is your vehicle equipped with on-star?

Is the vehicle sub-model a 1500 or heavy duty (2500/3500)?

Is your module firmware flashed to gm10 4.16?

When you attemp to remote start the vehicle, can you count the number of led flashes on the dball after failing?

Archived