Sundown Audio

Who here runs Twisted Sounds amps?

abdc

Anybody running Twisted Sounds amp(s)?

From what I hear they are consistently underrated, so I'm about to grab a TS1.8k (rated 1800w) for my DC XL122 (rated 2200w) and I'm fairly confident this amp's actual numbers will go beyond the needs of my XL.  The TS2.8k dyno was impressive.  Any experience with the 1.8k or others in the TS line?

Thoughts and opinions go...

Dyno shows the 2.8k and 3.5K each do about 30% over rated RMS, so I am going to assume the same goes for the 1.8k (Putting it somewhere around 2300rms).

If anyone has any real-time experience with the 1.8 please update.

I'll do the same when I get my hands on one.

No experience but as you have said dynos show they do their power. As far as the xl it is underated as well. Then you have rise. I think the 2.8k would probably be a better match if you could swing it.

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

Valid point.   In that case, I think I'm going to pick up an Alphard Audio M2000D to hold me over in the mean time, and the 2.8k can be part of this year's tax return :)

I know Alphard has yet to gain momentum in the US, but is pretty major across Europe and supposedly does good rated power on a budget.  Looks like a Skar with nicer build.  Both are South Korean just like 90% of the spl amps these days.  Heck, Twisted Sounds is South Korean built for that matter.

I'll open a new thread to report success/fail with the Alphard.

1 hour ago, Weatherbass08 said:

Alphard is starting to pick up around me in Louisiana.  Ive heard some good builds around here using Alphard.

Good to know.  I know the Deaf Bonce line is supposed to be top notch.  The M2000D is the largest of their less expensive Machete series so I'm curious.

I'll have to do the first American made youtube on it, so far the only guys to document any use of it are Russian and Polish and I have zero clue what they are saying (although if anyone here is fluent in Russian they could check it out for me perhaps).

You don't know what those guys around you are running do you?

• 1 month later...

Ive heard mized things about the twisted sounds stuff, mostly good but I also know somone who ran like 24 of the 2.8s I believe or  and had nothing but problems with em , switched to dc audio and has yet to have a problem. a lot of the Korean stuff is similar but the quality of components range quite a bit

Kenwood excelon ddx795

3 370 amp CES alternators (audio side only)           
       McLaren dome tweeters                                   Crescendo 6.5 ultra neos 
                                                 NVX JAD800.4
                                            4 PA x4 SPL 18's
                     4 Digital Designs m5's at .7 ohms each
        2 K2 80 ah lithiums

3 group 31 agms                                       Ledglow million color (12 piece)

2007 Yukon xl

• 5 months later...

Archived