Alternator upgrading kits?

My question is does anyone know of any alternator upgrade kits for the 145amp alternator in a 2006 gmc YukonXl SLT 1500 4x4. I just can' afford a purchased high amp alternator right at the moment and I know they use to sell such kits. Does anyone know if they still do or should I just start saving. Any help much appreciated.

Never heard of one and honestly wouldn't trust one. Stack up money and get a good alt from  singer, Johnathan Patrick, mechman, dcpower.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Is kinda what I was wondering what about apexhighoutput alternators? By the way I haven't done my signature or profile or anything yet but I live close to you Hammond. Appreciate the help response was quick I will be posting photos of my build log soon as you know starting to get cold here (Lake Effect) lol. Will try to get them up soon  already started nodding the truck I can never leave anything stock my wife hates it lol.

yeah definitely start saving, if youre looking for a good alt on the cheaper side maybe try ohio generators. a lot of big bass heads use them and swear by them, ive never personally used one but they are definitely cheaper than most. i have a US Alt and its the tits for sure, but it was mucho exspensivo

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Velocity has a really good (inexpensive) 250a alternator ($350) for that vehicle. I use on of one of them in conjunction with a dcpower 320 for my 2011 avalanche. Its one of the hardest purchases you are obligated to make when dealing with mobile audio, but it is probably the most important regarding the longevity of all your other expensive components.

• 2 months later...

Thanks alot I will definitely check those out. Sorry for the late reply have been very busy thanks for all the suggestions will definitely check those out seeing as this tax season I will be breaking the 4k barrier with 2 12" db apocalypse 1ohm svc subs and db apocalypse 4k amp will be running 2 runs of 1/0. Thanks again

I will sell you an upgrade kit for that alt. As long as the alt you wish to upgrade is a full oem unit, all you need to do is swap a new stator in and put a small pulley on for better idle output. pm me and we can go from there. or you can email us alternators. it will be cheap. but you wont have any support for building it and no warranty as we cant control what you do with the parts. The knowledge ad support is half of what you pay for when you get a high output alt. But if you want to take on all that by yourself, i can help you. I like to see people learn :)

Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/
MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136
MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/
My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

BMW M340 xDrive

Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4...
Best Scores out of a trunk
153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz
154+ windows down, 155+ kick

• 2 weeks later...

Here is some good info from Expo615 on caraudioclassifieds forum 

"What do you really get when you spend 600 plus on an alternator? I am not going to bash any alternator retailer just give out some info. For now I am only going to talk about Denso Hairpin alternators.

There is a small case 128.5mm stator and large case 138.5mm stator. For small cases there are two different stators 100-130 amp and 130-160 amp. On the large case there is a 200 amp stator and a 220 amp stator. The rotor coil resistance is what varies the amperage on the same size stator. There are two different rotor coils for the 128.5mm 2.5 ohm and 1.8 ohm. The lower resistance pulls more current and has a stronger field to produce more power. On the large case the is a 2.2 ohm and a 1.8 ohm rotor coil.

So you want an external regulated alternator? just remove the voltage regulator and replace it with a Chrysler terminal block that will connect to your regulator. You want a different voltage? There are more than a page full of internal regulators that have different options such as voltage, soft start and self exiting(one wire)

So you wanna heavy duty rectifier in it? All you need it the rectifier from a Cadillac/Buick which has 12 60 amp diodes pressed in a aluminum finned heatsink.

Custom/hybrid housings? Nope, Denso makes this alternator to fit most every current engine family. Don't get suckered into the custom case B.S. unless it is a billet piece. The universal Hairpin that is being advertised is just a dodge caravan 3.8 unit with a rear half that has the rear mount cut off and smoothed out.

Pulleys? you might not need a custom pulley. These alternator put out full power at a fairly low rpm so a stock pulley might be fine. If you do need a smaller one, you can get one for a lexus/toyota which is a 2.08 inch.

Keep in mind that these ratings are hot ratings from Denso.
The ratings advertised at all the Alternator shops are cold ratings. The large case 220 amp actually peaks at 277 amps cold!!!! I hear the small case 160 will do close about 190amps. Now I am not saying that there are not custom wound stators on any of these Hairpins but be carefull what you buy. If its a small case higher that about 210 amp rating they are lying or it has a custom stator. The same goes for a large case over 300 amps.

If there is more interest on this topic I can post some pics and part numbers and try to help you build one. "

here is a catalog of parts too !!

http://www.metroautoinc.com/Download/Denso Hair Pin Parts Catalog.pdf

Archived