Gaming Keyboard

Been a long time since ive been on here. but since the ryzen build we have been playing alot of bf1 and some other stuff, well im starting to notice our logitech g19 that has membrane keys i believe is starting to stick and just doesnt respond. i love this keyboard for the screen that displays all the stuff i could want from afterburner such as ram usage, vram usage, clock speeds, temps and core usage.

id love to go to mechanical but im not sure what im after to be honest.

first things first,  is there any other keyboards out there that have a screen like this that can display these stats? if not is there an app you can get on a phone or tablet that is able to display these? i just like to see how these things are sitting at any point and this is wonderful for that.

ok the next point, how are razer keyboards? we have everything else razer, i love the software, the feel, and it would be nice to have like all the controls in one program rather than a spread of multiple. hence why i chose to run corsair on a majority of the components and only have the one programs for alot of that

the keyboards ive considered so far, all from best buy just incase they break

Corsair k55

Razer blackwidow ultimate 2016

Razer Ornata Chroma

if anyone has used these and has feedback please let me know.

also recommend something else if its that much better than these, no more than $100 please.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

razer mice are fine, but i wouldnt buy any thing else of theirs. save up a little extra and get something better. all i do is play games on my pc, but both keyboards i have are just normal mechanicals.

my das keyboard is 6 years old and my girlfriend still uses it, and i currently use a ducky shine 3 thats 4 years old.

i would only buy ducky, filco or das but thats what me and my friends have had good experience with.

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

so what would you recommend? id like something thats lit at the minimum, mechanical seems to be the only way to go, not sure which key though, the ornata that i posted is a hybrid, not sure how exactly. but its mechamembrane. and media keys are a must. forgot to mention that.

i just wish i could find one like this g19 that has the screen but there is just no support there. and besybuy is my preffered place of purchase just cause of warranty. id like to stay under $100 as its a gift to my brother but i will still use it.

give me links if you can.

if i did razer i considered grabbing the metal keycaps for the wasd keys aswell since those tend to be worn and shiny on most of our keyboards.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

If you're playing games on it.. I'd really start with a Corsair K95 platinum at this point.

I use a K95 (not plat) for playing games since I use a lot of macros. Red switches. However, when I'm just typing/doing college work, I carry around a POK3R with clear switches.

Clears are absolutely the best for typing IMO, below that, evenly, yet not comparably, sit blues and reds, though both have wildly different pros/cons.

Buy a switch tester. 

Don't buy Razer, and don't buy Best Buy lmfao. 

Das, Ducky, and Roccat are also great brands to look at. If you don't need Macro Keys, Das is probably top of the list. 

Corsair > anything else

I have the K70 rapidfire with the m65 pro mouse and its a great combination for the games I play. 

The mouse is a bit fat but I have giant hands so it works for me really well. 

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

I rma'ed a Corsair k70 3 times, got new sent new ones, the first 2 times was due to keys going haywire, the 3rd time was due to led lights flickering and not matching. These keyboards replaced my Razer Blackwidow ultimate 2013 cherry switch mechanical.

I use to hate the knock off Khail Cherry switches, but I bought a blackwidow chroma TE and no issues. Just recently bought another blackwidow chroma v2 TE with the new Yellow switches. They actuate so fast, no click, no tactile feedback, but pure sex.

Took me a bit to get use to their sensitivity and stop with typos caused by barely tapping another key, but now wow these things are crazy fast and responsive!

Cliffs I loved  cherry switches, bought 3 corsair boards with cherry switches nothing but issues, bought knock off cherry switches and flawless!

Also, the Razer Ornata is NOT mechanical. Its some wannabe rubber dome fake mechanical bs. Its a clicky switch like mechanical but thats it. Its really generic.

If your buying from bestbuy, goto the store and look at the keyboards first hand, they also have a razer switch sample setup that will show you the type of switches they offer, and really shows off how fast the new yellow switch activates.

Archived