Gaming Keyboard

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, audiofanaticz said:

Cliffs I loved  cherry switches, bought 3 corsair boards with cherry switches nothing but issues, bought knock off cherry switches and flawless!

cause ya bought a corsair keyboard.

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

So, Corsair is definitely no where near top of the line. They do however have a few very specific feature sets that most keyboard enthusiasts fucking hate... but I was looking for for a long time. They also did, as AudioFanaticz pointed out, have some quality control issues. I do believe those were mainly, and heavily, around the k70 though. The k95 and K65's haven't had too many things reportedly wrong with them. For gaming and average computer use, along with the desired feature set, I can generally recommend them though. 

2 hours ago, s5300 said:

So, Corsair is definitely no where near top of the line. They do however have a few very specific feature sets that most keyboard enthusiasts fucking hate... but I was looking for for a long time. They also did, as AudioFanaticz pointed out, have some quality control issues. I do believe those were mainly, and heavily, around the k70 though. The k95 and K65's haven't had too many things reportedly wrong with them. For gaming and average computer use, along with the desired feature set, I can generally recommend them though. 

i must of gotten lucky with my k70 then i ordered from newegg

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

1 hour ago, deathcards said:

i must of gotten lucky with my k70 then i ordered from newegg

I mean, the majority of their shit is fine. A factory is going to completely stop production and evaluate the situation if >5% of a product like a mech keyboard is coming out faulty. You just don't see everybody who has no problem with their board going online and saying hey, no problems with my board. Yknow. 

I have no experience with the black widow stuff however for Christmas last year my lady got me the Corsair Straffe mechanical silent keyboard, and the Corsair Scimitar RGB. I am really satisfied with both I love the keyboard with its adjustable leds and it silent other than really awesome feeling keys and being able to see in the dark it is just a keyboard I love it though. What I am really impressed with it the Scimitar RGB mouse like the keyboard it has a fully adjustable bunch of leds but it also comes with 8 keys on the side that are fully programmable and are mechanically adjustable so they are in the perfect position according to your hand size and your preference. I don't play a whole lot of computer games but I absolutely love the mouse!

I had to different 2 different variations of the k70 too.
I dunno, since Cherry lost their patent and never renewed them it just feels like they fell off quality wise.

Last Ive heard Cherry switches are not even made in Germany any longer, so no matter what brand that is using Cherry switches (corsair, Das, Ducky, etc) I would think the problems would be similar.

My old Razer Blackwidow 2013 with Cherry blues before Razer switched to their own China made switch was a beast board without issues Until I dumped a can of soda in it. But no joke I took it apart and soaked it in the shower, than wrapped it in a towel and put it in the dryer on low heat, good as new. My mom is STILL using that board to this day, and its almost 5 years old...

I have a fetish with keyboards so Im always buying something new to try it out. Right now Im stuck on 10 keyless boards.

that could be the case, cause the two mechanicals i use are 4 and 6 years old. hella stuff spilled on em etc.

my friends the same way, he has like 10 or 15 mechanicals lmao

98 Mustang GT
Singer 320
2 12" Incriminator Death Penalties
1 SAZ-2500dv2
2 D3100,1 D3400
2 Crescendo CZ-65
SAX-100.2

Door panels by Diablo Kustomz

4 hours ago, audiofanaticz said:

I had to different 2 different variations of the k70 too.
I dunno, since Cherry lost their patent and never renewed them it just feels like they fell off quality wise.

Last Ive heard Cherry switches are not even made in Germany any longer, so no matter what brand that is using Cherry switches (corsair, Das, Ducky, etc) I would think the problems would be similar.

My old Razer Blackwidow 2013 with Cherry blues before Razer switched to their own China made switch was a beast board without issues Until I dumped a can of soda in it. But no joke I took it apart and soaked it in the shower, than wrapped it in a towel and put it in the dryer on low heat, good as new. My mom is STILL using that board to this day, and its almost 5 years old...

I have a fetish with keyboards so Im always buying something new to try it out. Right now Im stuck on 10 keyless boards.

I lost count of how much shit has spilled on my keyboard, probably 5 or six times its gone crazy typing all sorts of shit I wasn't. I unplug it wait about 12 hours and boom just like new! I did spill one small glass of water on an apple keyboard and that was the end of that permanently.

On 11/18/2017 at 3:00 PM, KiKaZz74 said:

so what would you recommend? id like something thats lit at the minimum, mechanical seems to be the only way to go, not sure which key though, the ornata that i posted is a hybrid, not sure how exactly. but its mechamembrane. and media keys are a must. forgot to mention that.

i just wish i could find one like this g19 that has the screen but there is just no support there. and besybuy is my preffered place of purchase just cause of warranty. id like to stay under $100 as its a gift to my brother but i will still use it.

give me links if you can.

if i did razer i considered grabbing the metal keycaps for the wasd keys aswell since those tend to be worn and shiny on most of our keyboards.

My WASD keys only get used when typing i hate using the WASD keys i have an will only use the arrow keys which tbh are far better for gaming then the wasd keys are!  The Blackwidow Ultimate gaming keyboard from BB is $97 this week, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/razer-blackwidow-ultimate-stealth-mechanical-gaming-keyboard/5202709.p?skuId=5202709

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Archived