Second Skin Audio

I need some box recommendations!!

Cmac433

Hey guys, im new to the site..been in the car audio scene for years though. I have a custom built t3 t2000 12" sub. Has the hp500 black coil. Sundown soft parts with megaroll surround. I have been hearing good things about aeroport boxes..but can't find any specs online. Anyone have a input? 

received_10208495053174478.jpeg

received_10208494726046300.jpeg

received_10208495052614464.jpeg

Franken-woofers are a bit harder to design for since you don't really know any of the specs on them.  Best you can do is just design a generic box for the size of sub and amount of power that will be used.  On that note, how much power will you be running?  What tuning frequency are you shooting for?

Aero port boxes don't sound any different than other ported box styles, the difference between aero ports & slot ports really comes down to implementation more than anything else. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

WHat can be difficult is finding which configuration of aero port to use.  For your 12, it could be 2 4" ports or a single 6" port, or other options if you need more port area.   I have had success with aeros before, and i personally find it easier to port a box with them, since you can change lenths of ports fairly easy if needed be.

I will be running 2400 rms to it. I'm not sure on the tuning part..I want to hit some nasty lows, but at the same time I like my hard bass too. Maybe around 30 Hertz?  That's why I am leaning toward aeroport. That way I can change the frequency if need be. Thanks for yalls help!

8 minutes ago, Cmac433 said:

I will be running 2400 rms to it. I'm not sure on the tuning part..I want to hit some nasty lows, but at the same time I like my hard bass too. Maybe around 30 Hertz?  That's why I am leaning toward aeroport. That way I can change the frequency if need be. Thanks for yalls help!

Ok, that's a fair amount of power into a 12" sub box.  I'd suggest something like 2.5 cu net air space with at least 45 sq in of port area and 50+ would be better.  It will be a long port. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Thanks man. I have a 2.5 ported box. But it only has 35sq port area. I built it for a audiobahn immortal. I tried the t3 out in that box, it sounds alright. But not like it should. I appreciate the advice! I'll probably build one with 50 sq. Get the sound it's capable of out of it! 

21 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

Ok, that's a fair amount of power into a 12" sub box.  I'd suggest something like 2.5 cu net air space with at least 45 sq in of port area and 50+ would be better.  It will be a long port. 

I was thinking maybe 3cu with 45-50 sq port. Would that be too much? Or would the 2.5 be better?  

On 11/23/2017 at 12:05 PM, Cmac433 said:

I was thinking maybe 24in long..24in wide..14tall. With a 4" port? Would that be too much?

Not enough room. With a 4" slot port you can only tune down to 38 Hz while staying at 2.5 cubes. That doe snot include any bracing.

Archived