Sonic Electronix

anl vs agu fuse/holders

i installed my system into my car almost 2 years ago with no major issues.

if any... my sub bass would cut out from heavy bass tracks n i would usually turn the volume down for the sub bass to come back. if that didnt work; id turn the car off n back on n would be working again.

about a few months ago my usual trouble shooting didnt work, n found out it was the fuse that finally went out. i didnt think much of it n jus got a new fuse n was working/bumping again.

but now i noticed my bass would cut out n my usual troubleshooting wouldnt work. n sure enough it was the fuse blowing out again. i never had a problem with my fuse going out so constantly when for almost 2 years it never did.

recently i bought a new basic agu fuse holder. worked better than the old but sure enough my fuse was still blowing out.

ive read that agu fuses arent ideal because of the soldering melting due to the heat generating from the power wire. 

ive had a kicker anl fuse holder before n worked well with little to no problems other than the fuse box began to melt and basically being held together by the fuse alone. figured that was not safe so switched to a basic agu holder which worked till recently 

ive browsed local audio shops n none seem to carry big brand names n was considering getting "xscorpion mini anl fuse holder" wit 100A anl fuse

would that brand of fuse holder be ideal ?

set up : 2016 honda civic stock head unit. rockford fosgate line out converter(the better one/not cheap) 2 RF p3 kicker zx.1000 4 gauge wiring  

GO ANL fuse holder this coming from someone who had his AGU fuse holder melt beyond recognition because of a loose connection, i has since switched to only ANL and have had not a single issue or loose wire, plus make sure they are philips head screw ANL fuse holders not the other type which seem to loose there grips on the wire easier some how!

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

Archived