>solo daily driver

>tools in trunk

>no trunk rattles

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 77-AUDIO said:

Nice build, but why put it in the back seat and not the trunk.  

It was because I had my trunk packed with tools for work. Now that I've recently joined the union they only allow us to carry our hand tools so I was finally able to move everything in the trunk! I've been needing to upload new pics but can't seem to log in on my PC :/ I'll try to upload new pics soon. 

20 hours ago, fmedina said:

Nope. Stock alt with bid 3 upgrade (I believe it's 130a) stock front batt with a full throttle 34 group batt in the rear. My voltage at the lowest drops to 12.8ish at idle. But when keeping rpm up 1500-2000rpm doesn't drop below 13.6ish. Pretty impressive. I have one DC 2k and a sae 100.4

Nice... No ELD? 

Sweet I was able to upload from my phone. The box surprisingly fit just perfect in the trunk. When I built the box I had no intention in putting it there. But I do want to build a new one having the port on the same face as the sub. Don't mind the speaker wire poking out on top lol this was sitting on my rear seat before sub. I swear this thing is now like twice as loud in the trunk. So glad I have my trunk back :)

IMG_20171217_155420[1].jpg

IMG_20171217_135538[1].jpg

1 hour ago, fmedina said:

Electronic logging device? Never used one..

Electronic load detector, honda has been using dual mode charging for quite some time but it varies from model/generation. I believe the 8th gen accord still has something similar built in but im not exactly sure.  

1 hour ago, slowfkncar said:

Electronic load detector, honda has been using dual mode charging for quite some time but it varies from model/generation. I believe the 8th gen accord still has something similar built in but im not exactly sure.  

Oh yes indeed. A way to "bypass" it is to turn on the AC. I found out just turning the the blower puts the alternator in "high output mode" and gives me the 14.1-14.4 I want :)

ok, that works, plus the tools for work are more expensive than the system since they make you money also.

like the trunk setup. 

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

My speakers have an Fs of 35Hz but my box is tuned to 26ish Hz (26Hz by impedance and 28Hz by cone displacement), and I have no regrets.  Would totally do it again.  Its a bit of a spread, about 7-9Hz difference between Fs and Fb, but it plays just fine.

Im rooting for you!  Get low son.

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived