Second Skin Audio

Jeep Renegade looking for efficiency

RenegadeDan

That title kind of sounds like a personal ad... 

Anyway, I have a Jeep Renegade. Been out of the game for a while, but was in it(and competitive) for over a decade with a single cab truck. Some may remember me, most probably won't. Regardless, I now have an SUV, and might get back into the circuit again when I've got time next summer. Just order a Fi Alpha V2 15, and it'll be ran on my Alpine MRX-M100 (I just love $50 craigslist deals). Using the ear-o-meter with a 12 in a 1 cube sealed box I'm peaking in the low/mid 40hz range. I'm thinking about box options for the 15, and have it narrowed down to sub up/port back, but I just can't seem to decide on the port. The box will be 4-4.5 cubes net, but should the port be a 60 sq in port along the bottom? What about a 10" octaport firing back off to the drivers lower side of the back? Or maybe dual 6" octaports firing back? Idk, that's why I'm here to get opinions from people that have experience with this vehicle, or small suv's in general. 

Thanks!

Alright, I think I have a plan and it's nothing I said in the last post. I got to thinking about this (too much), and decided I wanted something different that just a standard ol' ported box. I don't have the room for a bandpass (tired of building those anyway), but I just so happen to have enough room for a folded horn/t-line. So yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. Just need to get accurate measurements of the cargo area and start calculating throat/mouth width, expansion rate, line length, yada yada.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived