1997 Ford Crown Vic Police Car

A couple weeks ago while I was in Ky visiting my Grandpa he was talking about how he had to sell some things in order to keep his SSI check. This included a piece of property he had near the Lake of the Ozarks and one of his cars. He gave me his 1997 Crown Vic Police Interceptor, well I actually paid $200 for it. Considering it's worth more you could say it was given to me. It does need a little work but nothing major. For a 20 year old car it looks good. I'm still planning out the sound system for it. I know I want good sound, but not sure how I'm going to do it. The trunk is huge but also gives me a challenge of where to put the sub enclosure.  Here are a few photos.

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

IMG_0010-_HDR.jpg

Thoughts are welcome, funny thing is I've had a few people ask me if I wanted to sell it...the answer is a big fat NO. 

I don't know when I'll get to start on the system, I do have some more important fixes to take care of first. 

• 1 month later...

Finally got my first piece. I know I'll probably get some crap for it, but it's a Boss BV9382NV head unit. I bought it cause of the price and it has navigation. I did have it installed but I took it out cause I didn't like how it stuck out from the dash. I think I'm going to have it mounted under the dash in a custom center console. It has bluetooth for phone calls and streaming music. I know Boss isn't popular, but it works for me. Don't worry I'm not going cheap on the rest of stuff. 

0108182121_1.jpg

hey man, your stuff is your stuff.  if youre happy, we're happy (most of us anyway).  FWIW see if you can correct the in dash mounting before you do an under dash mount.  everything is so much easier on the driver when its up higher in the dash.  plus it'll look cleaner in the long run.  if you care, that is.  if not, you do you man, just have fun ?

also, i've seen/done some wicked trunk builds in these old crown vics.  soooooo much trunk space!  did 3 earthquake subzero 15s built into one once.  shit was noice!

There is a way to kinda of fix it, but I don't have the right tools to do the job. All it takes is a heat gun and a 2x4, neither of which I have. I do have a buddy who owns a shop in town so I think he does. I know that's who I'm going to, to get some paint work done. 

1 minute ago, hershy314 said:

There is a way to kinda of fix it, but I don't have the right tools to do the job. All it takes is a heat gun and a 2x4, neither of which I have. I do have a buddy who owns a shop in town so I think he does. I know that's who I'm going to, to get some paint work done. 

sounds like you need to rework a heater vent tube eh?  same thing on my car, i opted for single din lol.  but for real, a decent heat gun at harbor freight is like $10-$15 and a 2x4, well thats free if you have one lying around

13 minutes ago, hershy314 said:

No harbor freight around and no 2x4 laying around either. Yeah I have to "modify" the heater vent tube. It will stick out some, but not by much.

ahhh, well... amazon is always around!  

https://www.amazon.com/1500-Watt-Temperature-572°F-1112°F/dp/B0053U2B8G/ref=sr_1_12?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1515470437&sr=1-12&keywords=heat+gun&refinements=p_36%3A1253528011

Just ordered the speakers to replace the ones in the front doors and rear deck. Set of Sound Ordnance P-52CB 5.25" component set speakers up front and a pair of Sound Ordnance P-69B 6"x9" speakers for the rear. As of right now I don't know what amps and subs I'll be running yet. All I know is I just want something that sounds clean, not looking to get high spl numbers. If I wanted that, I'd get rid of the backseat lol. Recommendations are always welcome.

Tuned in to see what you come up with. I hope the Boss HU works well for you. My son bought one for his wife's Mercury Mountaineer that i installed and after $1500 of trouble shooting from shops the HU was constantly drawing power and hurt his electrical. Blew part of the CPU, replaced the battery, alt and hours of shop time. I told him you get what you pay for. So she has had no tunes for 3 months. Hasn't replaced yet.

Huge trunk space in those cars.  

2 hours ago, hershy314 said:

Just ordered the speakers to replace the ones in the front doors and rear deck. Set of Sound Ordnance P-52CB 5.25" component set speakers up front and a pair of Sound Ordnance P-69B 6"x9" speakers for the rear. As of right now I don't know what amps and subs I'll be running yet. All I know is I just want something that sounds clean, not looking to get high spl numbers. If I wanted that, I'd get rid of the backseat lol. Recommendations are always welcome.

for the mids and highs amp, try this:  https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/t-series-amplifiers/products/t-100-4

great for the budget!

Archived