1997 Ford Crown Vic Police Car

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, bcbrassard said:

Tuned in to see what you come up with. I hope the Boss HU works well for you. My son bought one for his wife's Mercury Mountaineer that i installed and after $1500 of trouble shooting from shops the HU was constantly drawing power and hurt his electrical. Blew part of the CPU, replaced the battery, alt and hours of shop time. I told him you get what you pay for. So she has had no tunes for 3 months. Hasn't replaced yet.

Huge trunk space in those cars.  

Hmmm, that does worry me. I have come out to my car a couple times to find it dead. I thought it was just the cold doing it, cause we have been having temps in the single digits over night for a while. Happened yesterday, so I went and bought a new battery. When I pulled the old one out I saw a sticker that said 3/12 on it. So it was probably time for a new one anyway. So far I like the Boss HU, but haven't really spent much time with it though. Still learning about it, been to cold to really sit out there and get familiar with the controls other than tuning the stations and adjusting the volume. 

1 hour ago, bmwking said:

for the mids and highs amp, try this:  https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/t-series-amplifiers/products/t-100-4

great for the budget!

That does look like a good amp for the mids and highs except they can only handle about 50w rms. 

7 minutes ago, bmwking said:

no biggie!  even better for the budget!  this one matches perfectly

https://www.ctsounds.com/collections/t-series-amplifiers/products/t-60-4

Yeah that would work, gonna wait a couple of months though. Just til I can figure out what subs I want. I have an idea where I want to mount them. 

2 minutes ago, hershy314 said:

Yeah that would work, gonna wait a couple of months though. Just til I can figure out what subs I want. I have an idea where I want to mount them. 

nothing wrong with having a plan.  so how many subs do you want to do?  what are the ultimate goals?  do you want just a full sound?  do you want some window shaking bass?  do you want to have to upgrade your electrical?

I think I'm only going with 2 12" subs. Really just going for full sound. I do plan on doing the big three, as far as other upgrades for electrical I think the stock 135amp alt should be fine. Don't know if anyone makes an upgraded one for my car, I'll have to look into that.

2 minutes ago, hershy314 said:

I think I'm only going with 2 12" subs. Really just going for full sound. I do plan on doing the big three, as far as other upgrades for electrical I think the stock 135amp alt should be fine. Don't know if anyone makes an upgraded one for my car, I'll have to look into that.

im sure they do, but i wouldnt really worry about it.  so as far as 2 12s go, on a budget (which i am too), i've never been happier than i have with my 2 american bass xfl1244s and the american bass ph4000md (1800w rms @ 1 ohm) i have running them.  only downside is the amp is a little thirsty and would pull current like hell.  but as far as tonal quality and ability to get loud when i want, theyve been awesome.  something to look into :)  amp and 2 of the subs would be right around $550 too

Archived