1997 Ford Crown Vic Police Car

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On second thought I think I may go with 15's instead of 12's. I remember a few years ago I had a pair of 12's in the trunk of my old car which was smaller than my current car and thinking that it wasn't loud enough. I want to keep the trunk use able since it is a daily driver. 

Just now, hershy314 said:

On second thought I think I may go with 15's instead of 12's. I remember a few years ago I had a pair of 12's in the trunk of my old car which was smaller than my current car and thinking that it wasn't loud enough. I want to keep the trunk use able since it is a daily driver. 

that all depends on what kind of 12s you had and what kind of box they were in.  with 15s , chances are youll need a bigger box and therefore lose some more trunk.  theres even some badass 10s and 8s out there taht would really blow you away with their volume and range.  dont discount based on cone size

3 minutes ago, bmwking said:

that all depends on what kind of 12s you had and what kind of box they were in.  with 15s , chances are youll need a bigger box and therefore lose some more trunk.  theres even some badass 10s and 8s out there taht would really blow you away with their volume and range.  dont discount based on cone size

That is true, didn't think about that. I had some Hifonics subs in a prefabbed sealed enclosure. This time however I'm going to do some research and build my own enclosures. I'm wanting to keep everything to the sides. That way I have the center for everything else. 

Got the speakers all installed,  but didn't snap any pics. Whoops, nothing special anyways. Just using the stock locations. Right now my car is in the shop, had the brakes go out on me. Luckily I was in the parking lot and not on the road. Still got amps, and subs to purchase and install. Maybe I'll remember to snap pics of that lol.

Archived