Second Skin Audio

two pioneer ts-w5102spl 4th order help

fmedina

hey guys. so im trying to help a friend design a 4th order bandpass enclosure. only problem is i have no experience with them. just what ive read online and stuff. but i definitely want to learn and i figure this would be a great opportunity to try. below are screen shots of what i came up with on bassbox pro. im just confused about why its so peaky. theres only a bandwidth of about 9hz. that seems kinda narrow to mel. i hear that a driver must have a qts of .5 or greater to be ideal in a 4th order. the qts of each driver in this case is .34. is that why its so peaky? or am i just doing this completely wrong haha someone school me! we're shooting for a 2:1 ratio btw

pioneer ts-w5102.png2.png

pioneer ts-w5102.png

Don't shoot for ratios, while they may not always be wrong, they aren't always right.  You are better off to side the chambers individually based on the specifics of the install and not worry about what the "ratio" ends up being. 

Shrinking down your front chamber will help increase bandwidth.  

At 40 Hz, your front chamber is tuned a bit on the low side, most people are around 45 Hz.  

Cabin gain will boost the low end output significantly, this will increase your bandwidth quite a bit from what BBP shows you.  

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived