Sonic Electronix

Hz range vs mirror shake S&G

I have a sealed 12 on RF 500.1 amp so this may be different for others, If I play a song like DJSNT, got160 ect: and play 35-45+hz my rear view mirror shakes to where I have to readjust it every other week. But if I go lower and play 21-30ish Hz my side mirrors shake so bad you can hardly see the cars behind you but the rear view mirror doesnt shake at all,  ive also noticed different frequency ranges playing with other body panels.  any body else play with frequency ranges to see different effects?  might I add this is 1.25cuft sealed 12 sitting rear center floor in a Ram 2500 Crew cab

Welcome to SMD. My rear view mirror fell off along time ago. Lol I'm sure that two way radio gear wouldn't last long. I have a Stryker 440 and I just can't bring myself to put it in this truck. Lol

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

34 minutes ago, ShadeTreeMechanic said:

Welcome to SMD. My rear view mirror fell off along time ago. Lol I'm sure that two way radio gear wouldn't last long. I have a Stryker 440 and I just can't bring myself to put it in this truck. Lol

It's strange how different frequencies can mess with one thing but not other items,  If I KEY my HT on certain frequencies it has popped the bathroom GFCI outlet,. as for radio Gear I keep a 2m 440 HT with me in the truck with a sma mag antenna. My last car I had 2 cb,s , my HT and a Radio shack pro-2037 before they switched to the p25 along with the same bass setup no issues.  put some rubber peel and stick standoff on the corvers and edge of tge radio. Worked for me kept it from vibrating against the bottom of dash

We used the IMSG, running through bands, to find and kill rattles/movement. We put more time in just our door skins, flooring, and shit, than most put in 2 full builds. Cant get rid of it all, but, we killed a ton of it. Helped bring our low peak up, which, was the goal. Worked great. People sit and have the "what the fuck" look on their faces when we do our 20hz 30 second runs, and shit hardly moves. Just how we wanted it. ;) 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry lat reply:: my main goal was keeping diesel engine noise out sound in,  I  think RAM did decent with the oem deadner for the 2012 CTDs  I got it with the carpet delete package its pretty quiet but went ahead and added a mix of FatMat and Noico 80m behind the back seat and firewall, cut down the noise some more, mirrors and loose change is the only thing I've notice rattling,  i dont have a big system but if I stop at the local gas station and go inside you can hear the bass pretty good. Of course when you're outside all you hear is the CTD roar.

On 12/2/2017 at 7:51 AM, 12RKNinja said:

I have a sealed 12 on RF 500.1 amp so this may be different for others, If I play a song like DJSNT, got160 ect: and play 35-45+hz my rear view mirror shakes to where I have to readjust it every other week. But if I go lower and play 21-30ish Hz my side mirrors shake so bad you can hardly see the cars behind you but the rear view mirror doesnt shake at all,  ive also noticed different frequency ranges playing with other body panels.  any body else play with frequency ranges to see different effects?  might I add this is 1.25cuft sealed 12 sitting rear center floor in a Ram 2500 Crew cab

It is just different resonances of certain things cause them to go crazy at a specific frequency. Mine got the point where the rear view mirror took park of the windshield with it when it fell off (pulled of a 1x1" square behind where the mirror was glued).

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

57 minutes ago, camshairtricks said:

guess im a lucky one i dont even have flex . only on the rear hatch ...kia soul here

Increase your power a bit so you can go from 1/4-window down tricks to half-down window paper tricks

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Archived