Hydraulic Crimping Tool

They look good dressed up with the shrinkwrap and techflex ?? it's a sharp looking combo.

Would you mind cutting one of the crimps in half just so we could see how the cold weld went?

I've seen pictures before but i do not believe they involved any tinned wire or lugs.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

2 hours ago, Markous said:

They look good dressed up with the shrinkwrap and techflex 1f60e.png1f44d.png it's a sharp looking combo.

Would you mind cutting one of the crimps in half just so we could see how the cold weld went?

I've seen pictures before but i do not believe they involved any tinned wire or lugs.

If i have spare lugs afterward ill do that, that would be cool to see. What would i cut it with though? I only have a jigsaw, oscillating multi tool, or a hacksaw. Probably the jigsaw would do the cleanest cut, but this thing is pretty thick? 

Bolt cutters are good for cutting lugs in half. Reciprocating tools may smear the face if the cut, preventing you being able to see. 

@Markous, did you want to see one in general or his specifically? I did this not too long ago and can probably find the photo if you were curious. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

I would think the hacksaw should suffice, just don't try and get through it with a dozen strokes.

Walled, it doesn't have to be his specifically just curious what it looks like and if the tin is even visible through a cross section.

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

Heres how they came out today, i just went straight to with the 4/0 dies, crimped four spots on the lug, then crimped down the four wings, then usd a hammer to finish off any lil stragglers that poked up a lil and was sharp. 

6C0B8B7E-6909-40D7-B1CE-76B1E809EC2D.thumb.jpeg.82017659637369f3c4474c5ca6bd5fbe.jpeg

Lil peek at whats going on today, actually its a continuation of yesturdays work.

Heatshielded, and cardboard template for an ABS bracket mount.

88DF7224-1ACA-4CA0-8CC2-9F81A0DDD801.thumb.jpeg.ebd39e5b4339066d6fccfc2a9568caa2.jpeg

12AA957B-2E54-4128-AE8F-656A474210F2.thumb.jpeg.3fc0e7f7b2eadae542fd0c7a3c8fcc42.jpeg

8 minutes ago, WalledSonic said:

Bolt cutters are good for cutting lugs in half. Reciprocating tools may smear the face if the cut, preventing you being able to see. 

@Markous, did you want to see one in general or his specifically? I did this not too long ago and can probably find the photo if you were curious. 

Post urs here Sonic and ill post mine when i get to it. We can compare ur crimper to mine? Showing i probably dont need an expensive hydro crimper lol.

Can someone also post Pics of cross section of lugs if they have one of the hammer crimps or that cheap  hydro crimper that makes triangluar crimps, the one that doesnt need to change any dies or anything.

if they are 250mcm lugs then 250mcm dies should be fine.

Crimping a size smaller doesnt always work and will lead to those wings, the only time I noticed it to be worry free so far was with cheaper lugs that are not true to size so to say, but that was years ago.

Also WalledSonic, I came across a video last weekish talking about how cutting the lug makes the wire look solid even though its not, and there was a method that they use to get past that. But I forgot what it was, or even what I was searching to come across the video and said method :(

Archived