Second Skin Audio

Single 12" box ideas, need some input

SpitLantra13

hello all! I am about to start work on a ported enclosure for a single 12" Rockford Power T1 (T112D4) ill mention some basic criteria i used to reach the current design and include photos of where im at in terms of planning, followed up by my questions. 

So criteria- space lost to box must be minimal while still offering proper volume for sub. sub must be front firing and either front/side ported. (this is to eliminate any chance of cone damage via stuff in the trunk. also would like a plexi viewing window. amp must be hidden and exposed wiring minimal. (clean look)

current idea/design- as of now im aiming for a 2 cube (pre sub) aero ported enclosure tuned somewhere between 34-36 depending on input. and id like to venture into vinvl wrapping/ designs.i plan on buildiing the box out of 3/4"MDF , on the back side (trunk side) will be the viewing window and complicated wraps/designs. my questions are as follows 1) if im using 3/4" MDF and i router a 1/4" depth to inlay the design, will that compromise box strength for this single 12? 2) my viewing window will be 10ish inches in diameter, do i need 1/2", 3/4" or 1" thickness? 3) it is entirely possible that i could run the aero port through my rear center armrest into the cabin, effectively making this a blowthrough ,should that be done? thank you in advance for any input.  

image.thumb.png.fd53e23f38aa27fdf83c8165c31b8a26.png

3/4" acrylic should be plenty strong enough.  

How much power are you going to be running and what size is your port?

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

8 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

3/4" acrylic should be plenty strong enough.  

How much power are you going to be running and what size is your port?

since its D4 im wiring down to 2 and aiming to run 1,000-1,200 w @ 2. im honestly not certain on port size/ length at this point. i played around with it before but i read through one of your posts explaining port velocity and keeping it below certain speeds, saved your calculator as well and plan on utilizing it, what i do know is id prefer an interior swappable port. 

Archived