Second Skin Audio

I was told that 1 sa12 at 1 ohm would be louder than 2 sa12s at 2 ohms

Caddix

To set gains properly you need a way to detect clipping.  A DD-1 or o-scope are the usual ways to do that, though there are others.  Without being able to detect clipping you are just guessing.   

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

15 hours ago, Caddix said:

I guess I guess I don't realize how important the gayness I use my multimeter to set it and it set at 77.45 volts. And that was a 55 out of 100 period when I had it set it to Holmes I had it my gain up to about 65 and it ran fine so somebody needs to explain to me what I'm doing wrong if I'm doing something wrong cuz I would hate to a mess up my equipment

77 volts seems high for a 1500 w amp. How did you get that number? I'm getting 75 out of mine and it's a 5k.

I get 70V on my 5Ks but the current also plays into the equation too. 77V for a 1500 does seem high. 

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Having a way to detect clipping is important to keep from frying the voice coils, especially when running over the rated power. When you bang on it and you are turning it up and the sound changes that would be a good indication that you are clipping. I run mine at .5 and they are way overpowered. When I smell my voice coils getting stinky, I turn it down a little.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

The way  I came to 277 volts is if you ever have read the instructions on how to set gain with multimeter I did it that exact way taking your own sometimes your Watts I can't remember exactly how it was but I figured my owns were too so I did both speakers so for that's my might be where I messed up maybe I should have just done 2 ohms instead of 4 and then I got six thousand and I did the square root of 6000.

10 hours ago, Caddix said:

The way  I came to 277 volts is if you ever have read the instructions on how to set gain with multimeter I did it that exact way taking your own sometimes your Watts I can't remember exactly how it was but I figured my owns were too so I did both speakers so for that's my might be where I messed up maybe I should have just done 2 ohms instead of 4 and then I got six thousand and I did the square root of 6000.

Take a look at this topic: sundown-amp-clamp-tests Sundown themselves clamped their own amps so people could see what they can do.

Untitled.jpg

The SAZ-1500D did 49.25 volts and that's a 2000 watt amplifier (it was later renamed as the SCV 2000D). Your sae 1500 should do less than that. Think about it. But it's your equipment, you do whatever you want.

Archived