Sundown Audio

My amps were in a flood

BMS

My amps were in a flood months ago what should i do before i turn them on. My really good ones where up high but my littler amps were under water for like 2 days i took them out of the water and drained the water but that is really it I did nothing else to dry them since. Some of the amps i fired up the ones i didn't care about as much and it seems as if any amp that didn't have a problem before works fine. they have gunk corrosion and rust on the inside but they work. My both of my dual xpa4640 work fine my optimus xl-50 works fine. My coustic amp 150 had a problem where one channel would cut out and after the flood the channel didn't work at all. My arc audio XDI804 would make weird noises on one channel it seemed and after the flood that channel had no out put. anyway ive got more amps what should i do.

Get them fixed?

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

Is there anything i should do such as clean them with something before powering then on because powering then on could fry components if for example the water had minerals in it leaving a conductive trail on the pcb. getting them fixed is usually rather expensive to my experience and not worth it electronics stores ive seen charge 100 + to look at it  even like my ct sounds at500.1d or my infinity reference 1600a are hardly worth it.

Did you take them apart?

Pull the cover off and inspect. Depending on what was in the water, it may be worth your time to rinse them off with distilled water to get rid of any (possibly) conductive deposits. If they're corroded internally, not much you can do

Archived