Sonic Electronix

If you want to stop box rise completely just bolt it to the floor.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

This amp should do the trick, they put out more power then said, as a recent video by BigDWiz proved.  it is stable down to .5 ohms

Massive Audio D 8000

8000W Max 1 Channel Monoblock D Block Series Car Amplifier

• RMS: 950W x 1 @ 4 ohms, 1500W x 1 @ 2 ohms, 2000W x 1 @ 1 ohm, 4000W x 1 @ 0.5 ohms

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_f47-485_i23_monoblock-amplifiers.html

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

I have a friend selling the 2011 kicker zx2500.1. It does 2500@2ohms and 1250@4ohms. Can this amp still be wired at 3ohms?

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

2 hours ago, Daddy_ said:

I have a friend selling the 2011 kicker zx2500.1. It does 2500@2ohms and 1250@4ohms. Can this amp still be wired at 3ohms?

Well from what i have read they said it can be done, but tbh it is like most amps if you do and it works good but some amps this could cause them to go into protect and then not come back out of it, so it is really up to you since it is ya amp!

And the HU you have listed the JL Audio Fix86 is not a head unit at all, it is a "FiX-86: OEM Integration DSP with Automatic Time Correction and Digital EQ"

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

16 minutes ago, Jake Pace said:

Well from what i have read they said it can be done, but tbh it is like most amps if you do and it works good but some amps this could cause them to go into protect and then not come back out of it, so it is really up to you since it is ya amp!

And the HU you have listed the JL Audio Fix86 is not a head unit at all, it is a "FiX-86: OEM Integration DSP with Automatic Time Correction and Digital EQ"

It will go into protect mode even at 3ohms?

Car: 2012 Acura TL Elite

Head Unit: JL Audio Fix86

Front Stage : Alpine SPX-17PRO

Rear Stage : Alpine SPR-60C

Component Amp : JL Audio HD 600/4

Sub : 1 12" JL Audio W7

Sub Amp : JL Audio HD 1200

No it won't go into protect at 3 ohm. You can wire the amp to whatever load you want. It doesn't have to have a rating for that load. That being said the zx 2500 is only a 2 ohm stable amp. So down the road if you decide/ feel the sub could handle some more power you most likely won't be able to wire it down. I bet at .7 the amp will protect. If it didnt there's a chance you would fry it playing so much lower than the stable rating. Just some food for thought.

But yes, you can get the ZX ,wire to 3 ohm , and have some beat. 

Sitting around waiting to be installed:

4 FI X 10

270 CES alt

D3400/73ah lithium

AA 3800.1

(2) AA 75.4

if an amp is rated for 2ohm, then having a final resistance higher than 2ohm won't put it into protect. even wiring lower doesn't necessarily mean it will protect. it will void the warranty, if they can figure out that you were wired too low, but just because they didn't rate an amp at a specific impedance, doesn't mean it can't work at a different impedance. all it means is they didn't test it at that one, or it isn't designed to operate lower than what they tested. you're putting way too much thought into your impedance rise and what resistance you wire to the amp. Remember: K.I.S.S. :) 

Archived