JUAN777's Daily 04 Suburban 2 Sundown ZV4 15s

Great work! And congrats on the big win! They are right that box looks huge for 2 12s.

So I have a 04 Yukon xl myself. Have you noticed any weird frequency response issues with having your subs against the 2nd row seat? I have mine there and with several different setups can't seem to combat a null in my sub response. 

But I haven't tried up fire and rear port yet. Tried front, rear, up, and down fire all with ports in the same direction. All of them either had all low and no high bass, or all high and no low bass. Only got that problem when I removed my 3rd row and put the sub box against the 2nd row.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK one thing i saw which kinda makes no sense, why did you put the cross-over for the door speakers outside the doors? 

That way if it rains they can get wet and potentially ruined, would it not of been a smarter idea to of put them inside the door so no chance of a short if someone drops something or spills something.

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

13 hours ago, 2loud4uboyz said:

Congrats to you sir , it was a well deserved win for you. Man when I seen all the  IA gear goodness you won. I got so jealous. But put myself in check fast because that's not how I roll. So I then realized that you been putting it in the past few years on the Hoe dropping big dimes. Well done. Plus I do like how you got right on it with the newer ride. Sweet.

Thank you sir

13 hours ago, Ron36 said:

Great install that box looks huge for those subs, good build.

Yes it is pretty big. 7 cubes. Plays very well. 

5 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

Great work! And congrats on the big win! They are right that box looks huge for 2 12s.

So I have a 04 Yukon xl myself. Have you noticed any weird frequency response issues with having your subs against the 2nd row seat? I have mine there and with several different setups can't seem to combat a null in my sub response. 

But I haven't tried up fire and rear port yet. Tried front, rear, up, and down fire all with ports in the same direction. All of them either had all low and no high bass, or all high and no low bass. Only got that problem when I removed my 3rd row and put the sub box against the 2nd row.

Yes it’s 7cu. Sounds great though. Peaks very low.  I turned the box port forward and lost 10dB. Haven’t had response issues. Plays 23-45 very well. 

3 hours ago, Jake Pace said:

OK one thing i saw which kinda makes no sense, why did you put the cross-over for the door speakers outside the doors? 

That way if it rains they can get wet and potentially ruined, would it not of been a smarter idea to of put them inside the door so no chance of a short if someone drops something or spills something.

They’ll be OK

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

2,500 Watts of Highs/Mids

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

Quad alt setup Rebuilt 250amp and 3 370s

Interior work by Lone Star Auto Works

The Build Log

Like Loud Bass? Click Here!

On 12/5/2014 at 8:06 PM, juan777 said:

See yall there, I'll be the drunk Mexican with aviators on.

On 12/6/2014 at 10:32 PM, boom50cal said:

I did see Juan LMFAO! He REALLY WAS the drunk mexican with Aviators on!

Good to know. Yea right now I have mine downfire into the 3rd row footwell. It was the best sounding setup so far. I think I'm going to try to port to the rear and see what happens. If not then I'll build a new up fire box ported to the rear. Running 4 jbl gto 12s on a Memphis 1k

Damn at 7 cubes for 2 12s lol. Is that net or gross?

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

9 hours ago, YukonXL04 said:

Good to know. Yea right now I have mine downfire into the 3rd row footwell. It was the best sounding setup so far. I think I'm going to try to port to the rear and see what happens. If not then I'll build a new up fire box ported to the rear. Running 4 jbl gto 12s on a Memphis 1k

Damn at 7 cubes for 2 12s lol. Is that net or gross?

7cu net. 

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

The Build Log

7 cu ft net for 2 12s tune to 29 Hz ? You must destroy some lows with that nice box!

You won very good quality products. Congratulations.

I don't like how you have mounted the crossovers in the doors, but it's YOUR choice : if you like it, that's good.

How do you like the tweeters ? It seems that you have one up, and one down on the A pillars.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

4 hours ago, notorious97200 said:

7 cu ft net for 2 12s tune to 29 Hz ? You must destroy qome lows with that nice box!

You won very good quality products. Congratulations.

I don't like how you have mounted the crossovers in the doors, but it's YOUR choice : if you like it, that's good.

How do you like the tweeters ? It seems that you have one up, and one down on the A pillars.

Thanks man. They sound great, front stage came out awesome. It definitely hits low but I’m all about a wide flat bandwidth and this box definitely accomplished that. 

4 hours ago, Kyblack76 said:

Good shit man. Dig it. 

Thank you sir

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

The Build Log

Well, I thought I was out. I thought I was done. But I'm an addict so here I am.

Got these for an outstanding deal and literally couldn't refuse.

Enclosure coming soon. I believe these are 1 rev1 and 1 rev2 both with rev2 recones, never seen power on new recones.

iNvcQPm.jpg

q8QefYt.jpgQ31CvcJ.jpg9dwCsd4.jpg

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

The Build Log

308ZZqi.jpgCg3Plnt.jpg3MrJFiW.jpg5nEMJ2J.jpgbGIYDLg.jpgp5EUBtC.jpgyz3BTSC.jpgYTUMnS2.jpgItn5YpA.jpg

The L@zy Hoe

2005 Chevy Tahoe

4 10 midrange

4 6.5 midwoofers

4 Tweeters

6 Supertweeters

2 Lithium 80AH Batteries

24K Watts

4 Custom 18s

The Build Log

Archived