Second Skin Audio

Box I’m about to build for low lows tuned 21hz 1 15

camshairtricks

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, camshairtricks said:

prove to me my port velocity will by 50m/sec at 20hz an under .................with a flared 6 inch port go ahead an show me this and ill stfu . 25m/sec and down is fine in my book. that  guy in that last vidoe i posted his box is 5.5 cube net 2 dki 12s subs facing forward 6 inch port facing to the side on a 500 watt mtx amp he did over a 140dbs at 18hz ...he has no port noise down were he plays

You are correct that lower tunings will have lower port velocity compared to a higher tuning, but are you aware of how much lower?  In your case it won't be enough.  Here it is in WinISD:

Capture.PNG.7ef4298b92df91ada97f71a746365aae.PNG
The green line is your Skar 15 in a 4.16 cu box, tuned to 21 Hz, with a 6" round port.  The yellow line is the same thing tuned to 32 Hz, for comparison.  As you can see the port velocity is less with the lower box, like you said, but its still WAY TOO HIGH.  You need to be under 30 m/sec, and even lower would be better.  

Now if you still want to debate with me why you think I'm wrong, that's fine.  But I'm only going to participate if you are able to come up with some actual evidence to support your opinion, and by evidence I mean measured results. 

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

17 minutes ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

You are correct that lower tunings will have lower port velocity compared to a higher tuning, but are you aware of how much lower?  In your case it won't be enough.  Here it is in WinISD:

Capture.PNG.7ef4298b92df91ada97f71a746365aae.PNG
The green line is your Skar 15 in a 4.16 cu box, tuned to 21 Hz, with a 6" round port.  The yellow line is the same thing tuned to 32 Hz, for comparison.  As you can see the port velocity is less with the lower box, like you said, but its still WAY TOO HIGH.  You need to be under 30 m/sec, and even lower would be better.  

Now if you still want to debate with me why you think I'm wrong, that's fine.  But I'm only going to participate if you are able to come up with some actual evidence to support your opinion, and by evidence I mean measured results. 

Measured results??? Pfft...are you blind?? did you not see those flapping shirts and that sweet ass half window up paper trick?? 

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

#PAPERMETER

Chevy Sonic Wall (4) 15's on 10k Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209412-2015-chevy-sonicwall4-15s10klithiumlarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

(4) Fi SP4 15's | (2) Ampere 5Ks | Active! | Arc KS600.2 & KS125.2mini | CDT Silk Domes | Silver Flute 8s | 240Ah JY | US Alts

Jeep Wrangler JK (4) 8's in a 4th Order Build Log

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/209841-shadow-2016-jeep-wrangler-jk4th-order4-8sdc-35klarge-case-hairpin-us-alts/

IG @walledsonic

My god this is hilarious. But yea you need more port area.

Hell I need more port area. I just can't fit a 3rd 6" in my current setup. So 2 6" it is.

18 Sierra 6.2 Z71 : 3 F8L's, DD M2a @.67, 1.95@33

05 TL build log SOLD

04 YukonXL : jvc kw-v51bt , RE 6.5c, 4 jbl gt5 12s, Memphis pr1000.1 5.5 cu.ft. sealed

so your saying a six inch port is all i need to play as low as i want. it doenst matter that the reason they play that low is because....wait for it....theyre tuned that low. whether they have too much port velocity or not of course they get loudest that low, its where their tuned. i have 2 12s with 2 6in aero ports... wait for it.... its loud as fuck where its tuned. never would have thought, but i also have a box with a smaller slot port tuned at 25 and guess what..... its loud as fuck around 25hz, but that doesnt mean its efficient or bad ass, its just playing where its tuned. and could... and would be much louder with a properly built port

Fidelity

Built to Last

Team Sound Asleep

24Runner Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/196657-24runner-sleeper-system-lots-of-fi-neo-dd-focal-new-video-w-juicebox-lithium/

2 x 12" Fi BTL N2 / 2 x 12" Fi BTL N3

2 DD M3b

Maxwell 2.7V 3000F Supercapacitors

Pioneer DEH-80prs

Focal P165 V30 components

Rockford Fosgate T-400.4

Archived