11 hours ago, Triticum Agricolam said:

I wonder if that statistic for how many choices people have is only for landline based ISPs?  I live REALLY out in the middle of nowhere and I have 5 different choices for wireless ISPs.  As wireless technologies improve its only going to increase people's options.  

Yes, it is in fact for landline based isp's 

But there aren't many choices for mobile either.

Even the smaller wirelss companies are actually owned by the big guys.

AT&T owns cricket,

sprint owns boost mobile,

tmobile owns metro pcs,

and so on and so on.

They give you the illusion of choices but in reality their really isn't much choice at all.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im just tired of sprint, they have slowed my internet usage down bad.  and for 6 phone i pay 500 a month.  but they have this promotion 5 phones for 50 a month per line for unlimited.  but will not change my contract.  wtf.  been with them for 4 years and the gf has been with them for 15 years.  

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

ok gonna be a bit lengthy and prob a bit spastic in areas but here goes. the first and biggest problem is "we didnt have NN prior to 2015, we will be fine" this is false IMO. 2015 as explained before was about the peak of consolidatoin and a large uptick in focus on online based business scales. the fact is that the FCC had valid reason to institute the NN rules back in 2015 (the ISP's were colluding and squeezing out slimey ways to screw consumers). the sad fact is that the internet is intended to be completely free and open.... this ideaology cannot be maintained freely without any regulation. its simply impossible. between Comcast and Verizon they own something like 80-90% of the market. From my understanding you cannot simply create an ISP and start shelling out internet access to customers, you need bandwidth, think of it like having 10 loaves of bread, you get 2 customers and give them a loaf each, great, life is fine, then you take on 4 more, good to go, then 6 more customers... whoops now you have 12 customers and 10 loaves...so you have to start splitting loaves. same idea with ISP and access. if you dont have the bandwidth your customers suffer. not only do verizon and comcast own a HUGE chunk of the market, but their bandwidth capabilities are through the roof. as far as i see it the one and ONLY thing protecting the small ISPs is NN... thats it. without it, comcast and Verizon will be able to strongarm smaller companies into either complying with them or paying them to allow their customers to utilize websites. fuck that. how does this impact us? so as a current Verizon customer, i can jump on my laptop and go to comcasts websites if i want to shop internet options.... legally nothing Verizon can do about that due to NN.... once its fully repealed... Verizon could in theory block/severely throttle my access to comcasts websites (including ANY site/businesses owned by Comcast) thats fucking bad. our internet system is an absolute shitshow as it is (when comparing to other developed first world countries) removing NN is only going to make it worse

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/25299513_1929080153787057_1172568876903334000_n.jpg?oh=a9381c44fe107a66f5596bd1a23f14b6&oe=5ABF90C2

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

"Net neutrality" is no more about making the internet equal than the "affordable care act" was about making health care affordable. I am shocked how many of you are falling for the standard lefty, big government propaganda bullshit. The sky isn't falling and in 6 months when all these ridiculous claims made by NN proponents prove to be false, they will just move on to the next scam. 

So you are saying that the big ISPs don't want to make more money and will keep things the same just because it's the right thing to do?

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

i believe that yes internet prices will go up. I also believe that providers will throttle speeds. But i also think that they have been doing it all along anyway. I have suddenlink cable internet and usually between 5 and 10 at night my internet slows way down. I called to see wat the issue was and they told me it was a "high traffic" time. That doesnt make much sense considering almost everyone around me has at&t. That and im only 2 blocks from their main building. I dont know a whole lot about this stuff but from wat the techs had told me i should have a strong connection all day. These companies are gonna do wat they want regardless. And if nn didnt exist until 2015 i never realized a difference from before then and after. 

Archived